Skip to content

Save the world, again, but with some difficulty

konvakonva Member Posts: 64
edited November 2023 in Challenges and Playthroughs
Hello all, i started this fresh playthrough with Conjurer, because both me, and protagonist loves magic.
Basic rules: No reloads (only exception is crash), but i save often (habbit), Insane difficulty
Mods: Plenty of mods, most notable are Dark Side of Sword Coast, Northern Tales, Test your mettle, Trials of the Luremaster, and plenty of some tweak mods, plenty of difficulty and tactics mods, followed by global XP reward reducing (to 35% of original value).
Basic info about game: Game should contain plenty of additional content from mods, all fights are revised, randomized spawns followed by increased spawnpoints, adjusted also to a difficulty slider and level
1b97d4n5pk31.png
Roll was pretty decent (96), took me few tries (few minutes :D )
Biography below:
3t0w416bm58t.png
qv22ghfpy5qd.png

Day one:
I started to a door at Winthrop's inn, so I get inside, bought stack of bolts and arrows, searched all containers for riches and summoned mine familiar. Memorized spells after this will be, 1x shield and 1x sleep. Fuller needs ome bolts, in bunkhouse there was an assassin. Handled him pretty easily. Skipped gatewarden's offer, and went for a healing potion. Helped Sir Trun and Linda to deal with the situation, returned Hull his sword and now im on the way to clear storehouse from rats. But suddently, Mendas, another assassin appeared, wanted to kill me. Gladly, i can do few tricks and killed him and the rats. Helped Dreepin with his sick cow, and returned Phlydia her book. In the small house, another assassin tries to kill me, but he fails. Went to visit Tethtoril and fetched identify scroll for Firebeard. Rested in the inn and late afternoon, I went finally to Gorion. Imoen wanted to join, but then she talked about the letter and immidietely leaved. So finally, I leaved.

Total XP after leaving Candlekeep: 209
// started again, had t oreinstall
Post edited by konva on

Comments

• konvakonva Member Posts: 64
    edited November 2023
    When we travelled during the night, we got ambushed by a mysterious armoured man, followed by some bandits and ogres, and one cleric woman. During the fight, protagonost was injured, but fled from battle. Gorion uses all his magic, and killed almost all enemies, excluded cleric girl and the armoured man, but he was killed. When I woke up, Imoen followed me. We travelled together to look over Gorion's body, he has some magical belt. Killed few monsters on the way, and Tymora smiled on me, I found diamond growing on a tree :smiley: . We travelled to Crossroads, where we found some unknown man, giving us advice. I travelled further, and found another magical ring, killed few diseased gibberlings. Then I travelled to a Friendly arm Inn.

In the next area, I searched outskirts, southern part, for some treasures, and I found another magical ring. Then I travelled in. On the stairs, another assassin was there, but he died. I went to a inn, and welcomed Khalid and Jaheira, new party members. Also, i took some quests there, helped Iola with returning her ring, then I travelled to crossroads again. Killed ogre there, few monsters and some another mercenary.

When I arrived at beregost, i went to a local inn, the most famous Feldepost Inn, to get some rest. There were some troublemakers, which I managed to calm down. I bought a book from innkeeeper and got outside. Went to southern part to kill the spider house, but unfortunately, there was only one spider, and few other monsters. I looted quest items and went outside. Talked to gharric to get a job, but i refused to kill obliviously confused mans, silke was kinda decent opponent, but fell quicky. On the another inn, there was a dwarven warrior Karlat, who was indeed a formidable foe, took me a while to get him donw, but poor khalid panicked. Thanks to Silke, i got magical staff, and in local smithy i bought few magical ammunication for killing that werewolf. After some while i managed to kill it. Last thing was that I deliver a book for Firebeard, and followed nothern trade road, killed few mobs and then Tristan and Isolde. Next area I killed only few monsters and talked to Portalbendarwinder. Then I proceeded to naskhel, chapter 2 started. Accepted few quests there, searched for pearls and ankegh mails, then I decided to return to FAI.

One note: With vanilla original XP, i would be now level two, but I have 35% of original values.

Current gold: 851
    Current XP: 1451
    Post edited by konva on
  • konvakonva Member Posts: 64
    Now I decided to help with Bentley's basement. First floow was full of dire rats and minor treasures. Before second floor, i prepared monsters next to stairs. Good idea, because second floor not only has dire rats, but also cave bear (wonder how he gets there) and ogre chieftan. Took me many summoning scrolls to beat him. Third floor has small spiders and some dude, somewhat muc heasier fight. Last floor another dude, some wolf and skeleton. Told Bentley about findings and he rewarded me with some gold and XP.

Went back to Naskhel, and killed Neira, then I travelled to high hedge. Killed some skellies, gnolls, spiders, and then I tested my skills with flesh golems. Tough dudes, they hit hard now. Talked to thalantyr about the woman, and found a wardstone to a secret room. Talking book asked for a favorm funny. Looted those chests and bought some supplies.

Current gold: 1334
    Current XP: 2338