Skip to content

Get to the end of ToB and can't finish MP mode

I posted this on the BG subreddit as well but I figure the beamdog forums might be better.
I found a topic on here a few years ago that might have helped as someone else had a similar problem but a link that was posted in the thread just leads to a beamdog customer support page to log in. I am not sure what that is about.

For the first time in my life I am going to be beating this game, and in multiplayer. I first discovered BG1 in 2013 and it's really the best game I've ever played (I like it more than BG2 but can't go wrong with the high level in BG2 and Throne of Bhaal either). Played and finished BG1 many times and a few times BG2 but never Throne of Bhaal. Didn't want the adventure to be over.

We are at the final fight. We took a break so I saved it. Then, a week later, we go back to it and we try to connect (GOG) for around an hour, failure. We give up. Now we want to try again, and it still doesn't work. It was working fine all the way up to this point. Maybe sometimes we get connection errors, but we always fixed it. No matter what we do, whether it's changing the game name, not making it password protected, restarting, updating GOG, checking our firewall (nothing has changed), we cannot continue. I am the host and I have tried different saves; none of them work. It just crashes the other party when they try to join in. They join and all they see are the faceless avatars, waiting to join the server and then they crash. What to do? Thanks for the help.