Skip to content

Highly recommended?

I never played planescape curious to hear the good points making it worth playing. I heard it's a lot more story heavy and curious if it's more of a visual novel or if there's plenty of combat to enjoy. I know you get a ton of exp from dialogue choices like him remembering his past so wondering how that interacts with actual combat. Thanks to anyone willing to share their thoughts with me.

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    Good points: interesting place, Sigil, inhabited by many extraplanar creatures ; intriguing story of a "lost soul" passing through multiple reincarnations.

Restrictions: U can play only as vanilla fighter, thief, mage or a mixture of these classes ; no Heart of Fury or Legacy of Bhaal difficulty levels for a real challenge.
  • KatzerchenKatzerchen Member Posts: 61
    One of the best if not the best game story ever. Philosophical themes. Interesting, bizarre setting. Interesting, weird, bizarre companions. Turns typical clichés of the genre upside-down and has a weird sense of humor, yet provides a dark, serious story at the same time.

A lot to read. A LOT.

Combat is clunky (but still can be fun). Way too easy, if anything. Much easier on the highest difficulty than medium difficulty in BG or IWD. For me, at least. Same "strategy" almost always works. Not much of a tactical challenge or anything.
  • HermeticsHermetics Member Posts: 25
    Katzerchen wrote: »
    One of the best if not the best game story ever. Philosophical themes. Interesting, bizarre setting. Interesting, weird, bizarre companions. Turns typical clichés of the genre upside-down and has a weird sense of humor, yet provides a dark, serious story at the same time.

A lot to read. A LOT.

Combat is clunky (but still can be fun). Way too easy, if anything. Much easier on the highest difficulty than medium difficulty in BG or IWD. For me, at least. Same "strategy" almost always works. Not much of a tactical challenge or anything.

I'm down with a solid story that's what I've heard is out of the infinity engine games it's got the most detailed story,

More clunky than infinity engine games in general like something that stands out specifically to this game? I've always liked 2.6 infinity engine gameplay tbh. Don't need intricate difficulty or strategy to make a game.