Skip to content

How to do Black Pits between SoD and BGEE2

objecttothisobjecttothis Member Posts: 3
I would like to finish SoD, export my characters into The Black Pits, play through that and then import them back into my SoD final save before importing the SoD final save into BGEE2 so that I still have all my inventory just before the BGEE2 import. Yes, I know I lose most of my inventory in the BGEE2 import, but some of what you had in your inventory is available to purchase, which is why I want to preserve inventory.

What I would like to do is put everything I have in a bag of holding and maybe put that in a chest somewhere. Then export everybody into the black pits. What I can't figure out is how to replace a character from my SoD save with the same character post Black Pits. I think I would need to use EE Keeper to do it, but can't figure out how to modify the party in EE Keeper... but then again maybe someone knows a better way.
Post edited by objecttothis on

Comments

• objecttothisobjecttothis Member Posts: 3
    I figured it out from https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36377/how-do-a-add-a-new-party-member-mid-game for anyone else interested in doing this.
    1. Open your Single Player Game in SoD.
    2. Unload your characters' inventories to bags of holding and put it all in a chest.
    3. Save your Single Player game in SoD.
    4. Navigate to ...\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\sodsave\ and copy your save folder to ...\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\mpsodsave\
    5. Start a Black Pits game with a custom party and import your characters.
    6. When finished with Black Pits export your characters.
    7. Start BGEE SoD, click Multiplayer, then create a new local game.
    8. Choose Load and select the game you moved to mpsodsave.
    9. Use the Character Arbitration button (on the left) to replace each of your characters with your post black pits characters.
    10. Re-equip your characters and save the game.
    11. Copy your mpsodsave game back to sodsave
    12. Launch your single player SoD game again.

Cumbersome, but I am not aware of another way to do this.
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    It might be useful. For example, Dinguer the Mad in BP1 sells all mage scrolls of levels 1-5. 📜