Skip to content

Bounty hunters and SCS

Hi - I have reinstalled BG after a long pause in playing the game. I installed some mods and of course the wonderful SCS. I took the option "improved bounty hunter", and strangely, neither Tarnesh and Neira attacked me. Was it because they are now more intelligent and will not attack a group of adventurers ? Or is there some problem in my installation ?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,853
    That component makes absolutely no changes to Neira and Tarnesh. The problem is elsewhere - something apparently broke their "talk to the player" scripts.
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    OK thanks. I will check, perhaps it is linked to other mods ...
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,853
    edited December 2023
    Correction: this is an SCS bug; a bad change in v35's general AI component. SCS builds a new "talk to a PC at range" script rather than using one of the built-in "INITRG**" scripts. And in v35, it looks for the file in the wrong place, resulting in a blank script for the creatures that should have it. Like Tarnesh and Neira.

Still nothing to do with the tactical challenge component involving the bounty hunter parties.

Edit: no, that wasn't the fix. Instead, it's the "smarter mages" and "smarter priests" that break things, by removing the override script instead of just the combat script. Fix is more complicated, will be in 35.2.
    Post edited by jmerry on