Skip to content

Proof that dead and lost Companions get resurrected in SoD

SoidoSoido Member Posts: 338
I always wondered what happens to those dead companions in BG1 once you meet them again in SoD and in BG2. Even those companions who get permanent death.

I always thought this is just a lame script from Bioware. But there is more to it.

I had Jaheira turned to ash from a lightning strike in BG1, a perma death. And now I met her again in SoD. The interesting thing is that she keeps all her stats prior to her death. For example, I gave all three tomes of Wisdom to Jaheira in BG1 and raised her wisdom from 14 (the default for Jaheira) to 17 before she got turned to ash at the end of BG1 in one miserable encounter just before the final battle with Sarevok.

In SoD when I met her to my surprise she has exactly 17 Wisdom; so she must have been resurrected indeed with all her memory, skills and stats prior to her death. So it is not just a lame script writing from Bioware but she is resurrected or cloned exactly the same as the moment before her death. Otherwise she would have started with 14 Wisdom in SoD.

Here is the proof8f35ebb1fuvh.png

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,853
    edited December 2023
    The tool SoD uses for this is a spell "BDRESURR", which is a simple resurrection spell. The trick is that script targeting doesn't follow the same rules as player targeting; the spell is cast on "jaheira" or another companion by name, and she's still a global creature in the system even if she's been chunked.

(The SoD version of Jaheira, starting at level 6/6, has 14 WIS and 17 DEX. She also has her proficiencies spread out with only one specialization, unlike your version.)