Skip to content

Heads limit increase?

Maybe I've missed something, but are there any plans to increase the head limit in the toolset? As far as I can see, its limited to 255 at this time.

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,287
    In theory, the current retail release 8193.35 was supposed to allow body parts up to 999, but this didn't work in the toolset.

The new development release, now in beta and available on Steam, should fix this, but I haven't made time to test this yet.
  • nwfan87nwfan87 Member Posts: 99
    @Proleric That would be a big improvement. With such a large library of parts available online, expanding up to 999 seems like a good plan.
  • MelkiorMelkior Member Posts: 182
    I'm surprised they're not increasing it to 65535. I can only speculate that the parts library uses a field which is fixed at 3 digits and can't be changed without breaking backwards compatibility.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,287
    Actually the new creature .utc file format allows much larger numbers (via a new field, which, if present, overrides the old 16 bit integer).

According to the wiki, though, the file names for parts still only include a three-digit id, hence 999 tops.

The release notes don't state an upper limit.