Skip to content

XP

How come the XP gets distributed differently in the party members? There's a difference of 5-6000 XP and the party's been together the whole time. /J

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,156
    edited January 15
    The one thing that occurs to me is the way the game handles xp that doesn’t divide evenly. In a party of 6, a goblin worth 15 xp would mean everyone gets 2 but the top three characters get an extra point. So 3 characters get 3, and the other three get 2. That all comes down to party order.

But I can’t see that adding up to 5000! In PnP if a character had over a 15 in all class prime requisites they got a 10% xp bonus. But to the best of knowledge that is not implemented. Unless you have a mod that does that?
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 167
    as above, it's the lead characters always getting the remainder xp that isn't divisible by the number of party members. Only way around it is to rotate the character order https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42722/prime-requisite-xp-multiplier-different-experience-for-characters-query#latest
  • DazarloDazarlo Member Posts: 5
    Also, I think that characters who die during the encounter don't get XP for it? So, if any characters have died throughout your campaign they'd be on fewer XP.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,156
    Dazarlo makes a great point that could easily lead to some bigger discrepancies!

It also occurred to me, no one ever asked, is the character in question multi-class? If you have two classes, all experience is divided by two. So they'll always seem to have half the experience of single class characters. Triple class is proportionally worse!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    also being "mazed" or "imprisoned" will mess with XP values, so for example if you were in a battle and character 2 gets "mazed/imprisoned" and then you kill said baddie ( lets say lich for 22 000 ) and if that character is still under said effect, then that 22000 gets divided up between the remaining 5 characters, and the mazed/imprisoned character will get nothing

also, if team members are not on your team, they will get 0 XP as well, so for example if you have a team mate get imprisoned and then cast freedom, you have to talk to them again to bring them back on your team, so if you freedomed an imprisoned character while the party is gaining XP from kills, unless that team mate is officially on your team they will also receive 0 XP until they join back