Skip to content

Gurn the dwarf lich

This battle is significant difficulty spike. The dwarf casts time stops and insta kill magic. Also immortal and requires special procedure. It is a nice quest at least I liked it.

But I forgot to use the special stone that the Dumathoin dwarfs give you for this fight. I just forgot it, I was so quickly overwhelmed by the time stops I forgot what I was doing while panicking by his power. I actually managed to kill him the first time but after he resurrected I was not able.

Then I remembered the stone gem the dwarves gave me. It is a game changer. This stone casts very debilitating effects on the lich and he is just easy picking at that point. I think it has only 3 charges so has to be careful as you will need probably two casts.

I read in the wiki that you can choose to side with the lich but the battle against the Dumathoin dwarves is not easy either because you are against a bunch of high level clerics which is always dangerous. But I overwrote my save and couldn't check first hand how tough that fight would be.