Skip to content

original playthrough related to imoen...

zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
If you role play a good character, you try to rescue her as soon as possible. But the problem after that is that you need to go through the under dark, and it's so very long... !

This time I wondered why there wouldn't be a way to get back to Ahkathla when you get out of Spellhold ? The idea is that at this point you have met plenty of mages who can teleport, and you shouldn't be able to do the same, no matter your level ?
There is an easy way to do it without any mod : just enable the console, ctrl-space, and choose the area ar0702 for the adventurer's mart, and you are back in business ! I just did it from Brynnlaw's tavern, which means that I'll teleport back the same way to this tavern (ar1602 if I remember correctly).

This way I can take care of all the stuff I skipped in chapter 2 with Imoen, and go back to Irenicus only when we're really ready. Well the only objection on role play basis could be about the possible transformation into the bhaal avatar, but that's already handled by the normal game, it shouldn't change a thing for this. And since it's an eet game with a ton of mods installed, I have a ton of things to explore before returning !

Comments

• The_Baffled_KingThe_Baffled_King Member Posts: 147
    zelurker wrote: »
    If you role play a good character, you try to rescue her as soon as possible. But the problem after that is that you need to go through the under dark, and it's so very long... !
    BG2 has structural failings which, frankly, are simply unsolveable without a substantial rewrite. You might find it worth your while to check out the Imoen 4 Ever mod (on Gibberlings 3). I haven't tried it myself, so I can't comment on the execution, but it addresses the particular problem you mention.
    zelurker wrote: »
    There is an easy way to do it without any mod : just enable the console, ctrl-space, and choose the area ar0702 for the adventurer's mart, and you are back in business ! ... And since it's an eet game with a ton of mods installed, I have a ton of things to explore before returning !
    Caveat emptor (buyer beware).

People should be very wary of doing this unless they know what their content mods are meant to do, when they are meant to do it, and how to debug them in the event that their sequence breaking causes problems. The same might even be said for the vanilla content, albeit with far less force.