Skip to content

Making Equipment Stackable

I'm pretty new to infinity engine modding and still trying to wrap my head around what Near Infinity is capable of. I'm trying to figure out a way to make common equipment stackable in your inventory to cut down on inventory management. (it's not like I'm going to just leave all those spears Kobolds drop just lying around, right?) I'm not seeing a way to do it with items that don't already have stacks assigned to them. Is this even possible to do? I kinda imagine someone would have made a mod for it by now if it was honestly, but maybe not everyone has the same kind of loot OCD that I do lol.

Comments

• The_Baffled_KingThe_Baffled_King Member Posts: 147
    C:CreateItem("bag31") on the debugging console will give you the 2000 item capacity bag of holding from Siege of Dragonspear as an easy way to satiate your loot OCD.

To answer the question about editing via NearInfinity, with spears (seeing as that's what you mentioned): go to SPER01.itm; click the "Edit" tab; scroll past roughly half of the rows to the "Maximum in stack" attribute (below "Price" and above "Icon"); edit that to your desired stack size.

To do this via an actual mod (ie with Weidu), well, I'm sure G3 Tweaks Anthology does some changing of stack sizes, so it will have some code for you to look at.
  • bonnie_dimplesbonnie_dimples Member Posts: 3
    C:CreateItem("bag31") on the debugging console will give you the 2000 item capacity bag of holding from Siege of Dragonspear as an easy way to satiate your loot OCD.

To answer the question about editing via NearInfinity, with spears (seeing as that's what you mentioned): go to SPER01.itm; click the "Edit" tab; scroll past roughly half of the rows to the "Maximum in stack" attribute (below "Price" and above "Icon"); edit that to your desired stack size.

To do this via an actual mod (ie with Weidu), well, I'm sure G3 Tweaks Anthology does some changing of stack sizes, so it will have some code for you to look at.

I didn't even notice that I could scroll down to see the stack values, lmao! I edited the stacks of all common items and it seems to be working like a charm! Thanks for the pointer!