Skip to content

Underdark Mindflayer Tunnels

JBeauJBeau Member Posts: 7
I'm having trouble starting the underdark mindflayer tunnels, final arena battle, where you cooperate with Simyaz.

Simyaz suggests we cooperate against the mindflayers and then the dialogue ends without any reply options for me. And then nothing. The ogre never shows up.
I somewhat remember from previous play throughs that I should have been given an opportunity to agree to his plan.

Does anyone know the Global I can enter to continue to the final arena battle?

Background:
Pretty large EET install
Completed BG & SoD with no significant issues.
It was a clean install and as far as I know, nothing I installed should have interfered with that scene.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,852
    The key variable here is set in the dialogue's ending transition ... which it sounds like your attempt missed by exiting improperly. Maybe an interjection that was slightly malformed and tried to transition to a non-present dialogue? (Looking at UDSIMYAZ.DLG might help diagnose it)

Anyway, here are the variables set during this conversation:
    - "SimPrep", local to Simyaz, set to 1 by responses to the initial state. This is the "don't repeat this conversation" variable.
    - "udWaitOgreDoor", global timer, set to 20 seconds after the dialogue ends. Set it to 1 to have it already expired.
  • JBeauJBeau Member Posts: 7
    I got impatient so I started playing around with the Globals I found in Near Infinity.
    I set the following and I was able to Control J out of the cell and kill the ogre. Everything played out normally after that.

C:SetGlobal("udMind","GLOBAL",30)
    C:SetGlobal("FreeOfArena","AR2400",1)

Thanks for your response jmerry. And while I have the opportunity I would like to say thank you in a much broader sense. I'm one of the old timers around here although I rarely say much. I've been playing the game since it came out. I think I joined The Gibberlings 3 in 2004. In all that time you have been one of the most impressive people to me on these boards. You always have a very even handed approach to topics and you give very concise and understandable responses to peoples questions. And it seems like you have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the game. I always read your responses even if the topic is not very interesting to me because I almost always learn something. Anyway, thank you very much for all that you do!