Skip to content

Think BeamDog would do a Linux + Full Mod of IWD+BG1?

Linux modding for BG has always been tricky with the problems with WeiDu.

Sure, many view Linux as dead in the water or hackers galore and many could install it but I really just want a BG version with SCS, Hiigh Powered NPC mod minus bugs (which BeamDog is great at fixing) and Finch mod + BG2 minus Enhanced Editions for Dorn (which they f'd up in favor of SoD development) mixed with Throne of Bhaal Ascension and maybe BG2 adult mod (BG1 adult mod is fine and while many hated the sex mods since BG2 doesn't really have any sexual scenes and also include prostitutes *cough* *cough* courtesans I think it's passable. Normally I don't condone sex mods as it ruins gameplay but who can ignore having sex with a Dragon as an option?)

Oh and IWDNPC for IWD. Maybe actually support the guys who can pull decent VAs and at least from the initial intro in the snow village (love snowball scenes from FFTA and generally all snowball convo introes should be seen as a great intro to any videogame lore) and I would be willing to pay 3/4th the price of this remake in BG3 current price. Maybe as a DLC add a bonus to stuff like fixing Gladiatrix (adult NWN mod), Honor Among Thieves and that short samurai Kensai game. I mean I'm not saying add all NWN+BG+IWD in one package but BG3 is pretty expansive and popular and I don't think BeamDog can really justify a near BG3 price (unless they make Planescape super moddable on Linux without weidu location complexities) for what is already a fringe market (that has the potential to explode thanks to Steam Deck and Mobile Games like MLBB starting to be on Google Play Beta for PC.)

Comments

• Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 333
    It’s not going to happen when they’re a small studio that hasn’t updated to current builds on all platforms.