Skip to content

It is a trap

Trap spotted. Ambush. Now Edwin will zap and fry them

h660rjkt5g69.png

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,831
    Or you could just go around and skip that encounter entirely. Or use stealth to engage already in melee and disarm that one guy's exploding arrows. Multiple auto-hit attacks each round, each dealing substantial physical and fire damage in an area ... no, thanks. Getting into a ranged fight with these guys is one thing I really don't want to do.
  • SoidoSoido Member Posts: 338
    Why would I skip this encounter ? You think I am a coward or what ?

In real life I might skip that of course and agree with you but why am I playing a video game if I am to skip this encounter ? What kind of person would do that ? This encounter is example of challenge and why I play video games. It is a challenge and we want it to be fun. Okay

You are missing the main point here. I unloaded 3 fireballs at these guys and they had no idea what's hitting them. I felt bad like cheese. So I said you know what maybe these guys are good why am I hitting them. Why ? You see this ogre there, these are thugs. Plus I am playing evil party and I don't own explanation to anybody. Anyways, I said you know this is so cheese after they ate three fireballs, let me go talk to them. So I picked main character and went close to them to talk see who they are. They immediately turned hostile after a short conversation, some kind of Amn mercenaries or something investigating. Yes sure investigate and I unloaded one more fireball after.

And even then Coran almost died because of retaliating fireballs from these nerds. No mercy was shown to them and send Dorn and Koran to finish this nuisance mercenary trash job while I retreated my bounty hunter to contemplate about the big coming fight with Sarevok
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,831
    Here's what my "Kill It With Fire" party did to them:
    0t17kpya0zrz.jpg
    fbztimeqaqyt.jpg
    Note the presence of Coran and my Avenger in melee range of the guy with the exploding arrows. Both buffed for fire immunity. Both invisible before the coordinated barrage.

After the barrage, two of the enemies survived. Briefly. They got in a bit of damage on my melee line, but none of my party fell below the green.
    Soido wrote: »
    And even then Coran almost died because of retaliating fireballs from these nerds.
    Two key lessons here:
    - Get someone in melee range of Rahvin before engaging. Because that way he won't use his bow and exploding arrows (1d6+7 physical and 6d6 fire damage, auto-hit and AoE, save for half on the fire component). Much, much less painful that way.
    - You didn't use enough fire.
    jmerry I think my screenshot mislead you. This was not what I did. What I did was to go behind them with Edwin and bombard them.

It is all the same dude they were fried they had no idea does it matter ? I said I felt so cheese so I sent MC to talk to them after I beat them down to near death. And they talked some nonsense Amn garbage and attacked me. I did it perfect the evil way. Rain fireball on them, go talk to them, finish them off, no more talking to me losers. This is how evil is played out. You dont talk to me, I talk to you if I wish. Get fried by Edwin no questions no nothing as I say what I say.
    When I was first time player and came to this ambush I was oblitarated by tripple fireball in round one. You do cheese to me, I will show you cheese like you never seen before. Done and done Ironman
    You see this movie ? This is what backstabbing bounty hunter means. It is a trap