Skip to content

Congratulations Ironman achieved 100%

SoidoSoido Member Posts: 338
This was not my first Ironman achievement of BG1 but it surely was my first Ironman no-reload achievement without losing any companions. Not without insane luck.

I lucked out during Karoug fight when a werewolf hit my bounty hunter so hard that I was left with 1 HP point. One single point of health :* and I immediately run a few yards away with an angry werewolf chasing me to finish the job but Edwin had improved visibility ready just on time to save my life. Otherwise it was surely game over after so many hours playing.

Other than this Sarevok fight was surely difficult and it took me 2 backstabs to take Sarevok down. Some insane backstab damage of 48 HP and above, twice - dropped him like a potato bag. But used around 5 potions of invisibility in the process. I forgot to cast Draw Upon Holy Might dream to kick his ass even harder. But the Staff of Striking with 20 charges is a mighty backstab weapon regardless. I am glad I was able to neutralize Semaj quite early because he can be very nasty mage. But I neutralized him with Spell Thrust followed by Chaos and he became disoriented and wandering around; thus allowing me to focus on Sarevok. Eventually I sent Dorn to kill the wandering Semaj just in case. Then I sent Dorn to finish of Angelo who for some reason joined the fight very late; he was standing on the platform. Tazok got 58 damage backstab and dropped first among them, followed by Semaj, and Sarevok, while Angelo was engaged in a one to one duel vs Dorn and we know how bad this will end for Angelo. But Sarevok dropped before him after a nasty backstab..I couldn't see the number because the movies played but likely 50.

So congratulations to me and for the record

Party and % XP of kills

Dorn 39%
Kagain 21%
Coran 14%
Bounty Hunter Half-ling 12%
Viconia 9%
Edwin 3%

I will continue this character to SoD and BG2 because I like the bounty hunter playing style and he is only now starting to become powerful.

For now I will rest couple of days because am tired and this was no small achievement to do completionist all quests and dlcs on core difficulty without dying, reloading, or losing any companion permanently. Moving to SoD and done with BG1.

Thanks to jmerry, Aerakar and others who helped with bits and tips.

98cyt6unyifd.png
Post edited by Soido on

Comments

• SoidoSoido Member Posts: 338
    edited February 4
    Big arduous achievement for me party time, cheers from little Bulgaria :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RByS7fI05Q&list=RDgdLnE35Hcgo&index=11

Gang what's ap ? No congratulations for me ?

That's fine. It is meaningless anyways, personal achievement that will go to the trash can after all. Who cares

You know you have seen these road signs that they place sometimes in the middle of the street. Well today was my first time I hit a road sign with my car. I didn't see it at all. I almost freaked out for a second I thought I hit a person. I think people on the street laughed at me, what an embarrassment.

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,038
    Congratulations! I only just saw your post to me and @jmerry . Remind me, do you play no reload or minimum reload? If yes, there is another group thread where a lot of people post their runs and it gets more traffic. There are thousands of runs there and veterans even post still that posted on the old Bioware forums before the EEs. They also have a running tally of no reload classes solo or party that have beaten the game and bounty hunter has never been done.
    I think I have seen that thread in BG2 but I have not yet played BG2 so I am unworthy and BG2 ironman is for true veterans. Way higher than my paygrade.

I did only BG1 no reload. Of course I have to reload to continue the journey on the next day of playing because as completionist all dlc and quests this cannot be done in one single sitting. When I say no reload I mean no reload allowed say if you feel you losing a battle. You have only one chance at it. Or let's say you want to cheese Degrodel and get both the XP and money reward and get the Helm of Balduran back. You have only one chance to pull that before Degrodel escapes.