Skip to content

Class descriptions of revisioned/overhauled classes

moe23moe23 Member Posts: 27
I'm using quiet a lot of the different wonderful class kit mods out there. Some of them have revisions/overhauls for existing classes.
I found that the class descriptions for this revisions/overhauls only show in character creation but not in in game.
In game it still shows the original unmodded class descriptions. Besides that, the modded class revisions/overhauls work functionally.

Some example mods where it's like this are:

Rogue Rebalanced -> Thief Kit Revisions
Artisan's Kitpack -> All Kit Overhauls
Bardic Wonders - > Blade, Jester and Skald Overhauls

So.

Does anybody know anything about this? Could this be because of another mod?

My online search on this was unfruitful so far.

Comments

• morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 277
    moe23 wrote: »
    I'm using quiet a lot of the different wonderful class kit mods out there. Some of them have revisions/overhauls for existing classes.
    I found that the class descriptions for this revisions/overhauls only show in character creation but not in in game.
    In game it still shows the original unmodded class descriptions. Besides that, the modded class revisions/overhauls work functionally.

Some example mods where it's like this are:

Rogue Rebalanced -> Thief Kit Revisions
    Artisan's Kitpack -> All Kit Overhauls
    Bardic Wonders - > Blade, Jester and Skald Overhauls

So.

Does anybody know anything about this? Could this be because of another mod?

My online search on this was unfruitful so far.

I'm guessing you are playing in EET and the descriptions you are seeing are different in the BGEE portion of the game but accurate in the BG2EE portion of the game (along with the character creation screen). I'm guessing those mods just update the clastext.2da file and not the sodcltxt.2da file.
  • moe23moe23 Member Posts: 27
    edited March 5
    Thanks for the hint. I’m indeed playing with EET and you are right it only happens when I start from BGEE.

I also play with your mod ‘Skills and Abilities’ (the Proficiency Overhaul System is really great! thank you for that).
    The components ‘Add New Fighter Abilities’, ‘Add New Paladin Abilities’ and ‘Add New Monk Abilities’ would also count as a class revision right!?

The first two, ‘fighter’ and ‘paladin’ work great in that regard, the descriptions show in both games at character creation and in game, very nice.

Only the ‘monk’ component doesn’t show the correct new class description in BGEE (not in character creation and not in game). If i start form BG2EE it shows correctly in both places. Would that be easy fixable?

Do you, with your modding experience, think it would be a great hustle for other modders to change this in their kit mods?

At last, one other thing with ‘Add New Paladin Abilities’, the aura status symbols in character screen seem to have a different size than the original symbols (they are to big):

oqnokglx2w7v.png

• morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 277
    moe23 wrote: »
    Thanks for the hint. I’m indeed playing with EET and you are right it only happens when I start from BGEE.

I also play with your mod ‘Skills and Abilities’ (the Proficiency Overhaul System is really great! thank you for that).
    The components ‘Add New Fighter Abilities’, ‘Add New Paladin Abilities’ and ‘Add New Monk Abilities’ would also count as a class revision right!?

The first two, ‘fighter’ and ‘paladin’ work great in that regard, the descriptions show in both games at character creation and in game, very nice.

Only the ‘monk’ component doesn’t show the correct new class description in BGEE (not in character creation and not in game). If i start form BG2EE it shows correctly in both places. Would that be easy fixable?

Do you, with your modding experience, think it would be a great hustle for other modders to change this in their kit mods?

At last, one other thing with ‘Add New Paladin Abilities’, the aura status symbols in character screen seem to have a different size than the original symbols (they are to big):

oqnokglx2w7v.png

I'm deprecating the Monk Abilities mod as Artisan just does a better job of it and I recommend his. Regarding icon size, I have to play using existing resources which causes the issue you're seeing.
  • moe23moe23 Member Posts: 27
    edited March 12
    @morpheus562 :D I found this old gem from 2021:

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/32895-kit-description-missing/

"Manually editing the bgclatxt in the EET override folder did the trick!"

This also did the trick for me!

Had to change sodcltxt.2da and bgclatxt.2da, now it works correctly in all games.

Thanks. Case closed.

Post edited by moe23 on