Skip to content

Frustrated with the city

Ironically, the city of Baldur’s Gate is the most annoying part of the game. So many quests, moving between areas is frustrating, yuck. As a result I usually spend as little time there as possible, which is a shame because there are fun quests and great treasures.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Maybe a mod that removes the wall that goes through the middle of the city?

Comments

• UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 271
    edited March 11
    To halve the frustation, I usually go in the middle part of the city, then go to the different exits without actually leaving, so I can have the BG map all unlocked at once.
    Post edited by Ulkesh on
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 429
    Using the sewers can also be helpful.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 664
    I agree that the city itself is the least interesting part of the entire game, which is ironic considering the game’s title…it takes me ages to finish everything in the city and often I lose interest in a run altogether. Luckily it picks up again in Chapter 6.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,331
    FWIW, I felt this way for a while. Seems like maybe playthroughs 5-10 (!). The city is huge, and somewhat chaotic in its layout. Plus you get bombarded with many minor quests. My approach for a while was to only do the city when I could set aside 4 hours or so and do it all in one sitting.

But eventually I guess I gained enough familiarity with it I felt less overwhelmed. It has become just another phase of the whole adventure to me at this point. I like it for being a change of pace from the wilderness, and I like interacting with the range of different and interesting characters. I like the vibe of the whole crazy place, and I feel more like my character/party are a part of something when I’m adventuring there.