Skip to content

Can you use familiars to carry items from BGEE to SOD?

As my title (clearly) suggests, can neutrally aligned familiars pickpocket loads of items in BGEE just before the end import and be able to dump them all when they reach SOD?

Just wondering :)

Comments

• TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 507
    You can already keep all your items between BGEE and SoD.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 656
    Yes, but I want to maximise the amount of items I can carry across, hence the question.
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 170
    edited March 16
    How much can they pickpocket? Depends on your party but the easiest way to get a load of extra stuff into SoD is to load up characters that appear in both but aren't in your import party

So my BG 1 party is Me, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc, Coran, Imoen. Imoen obviously gets swapped out straight away but you get all her kit. You can also load items on to Baeloth, Dynahier, Neera (have tried) and I assume Rassad, Dorn, Viconia (but not tried). whilst I don't load Safana, as she joins in the dungeon, I do put Shadow armour and the master belt (rogue rebalancing) on her in BG 1
    That’s not exactly my question: I know that familiars can carry up to twenty items by pickpocketing. My question is, will they retain these items on an import between BGEE and SOD, as other party members do?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,833
    On import? No, nothing outside the character(s) you are directly importing into your initial party will carry over, and any recruitable NPCs will be their already equipped SoD version.

On continuation? Yes, because your familiar (and also any NPCs that have been in your party) will be literally the same creature.
    Good, thanks for clarifying. Of course the familiar needs to be outside the backpack because it can’t retain items there, but it’s nice to know you can carry even more items across under these circumstances, if you had the means.