Skip to content

Twohanded weapon bug possibly

justreportingabugjustreportingabug Member Posts: 31
I have the spider sword equipped and an unidentified bastard sword equipped. My hits are doing acid dammage and i suspect its being influenced by the offhand wespon. Im a lvl 8 fighter 2 pips 2hstyle 4 pips 2hsword. Im attacking stuff in fhe cellar after saving the dukes and chasing the big horned armor guy. Otherwise did i steal the attack flavor of the oozes i killed prior to the humams im now doing acid dammage to? I read the spider sword and csnt find acid dannage. I always play magic tunes so im not on the up n up with a fighter. I havnt posted since i found a bug in the bigworldproject like a decade ago, pardon if i havnt posted correctly constructive criticism appreciated... Let me guess id the bastard sword... I will but it still leans towards some type of bug. Edit: i did import from the black pits... I like to rip off some of the unique items.

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,357
    Have you perhaps enabled “story mode”. It gives you some nifty bonusses, and acid damage is one of them.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,834
    Yeah, sounds like Story Mode. Effects include 25 strength to all party members (their STR should show in green on their character sheets) and all weapon hits dealing extra acid damage (so trolls don't slow you down).
  • justreportingabugjustreportingabug Member Posts: 31
    It was! And i didnt set it to that but i used it in blackpits to speedly get items to import. When i imported it kept the stats. Gee and here i thought i was don magic won slaying everything with ease lol! Thanks for the help.
    You are welcome.

I use story mode as well - even though I have played the game for more than 20 years, I do enjoy the possibility to skip certain things I don’t like. Its a game for enjoyment, so play it how you like it.
  • justreportingabugjustreportingabug Member Posts: 31
    I found story mode was essential to transition into multiplayer with friends to get used to the mechanics of not controlling everyone and pausing less often and learning everyones playstyle. Sort of like rehesrsing for a play or drilling for a team sport. Ive never tried but are you able to use cheat consol commands to spawn enemies in online multiplayer to practice the same enemies over or is reloading the only method? (Also ive enjoyed story mode as well for 10 years like 25 years ago i never got past the group outside the exit of the first mines or how know how to cast spells. Still loved playing though. Never would have learnt to play without it; finding out the game was so long prompted me to learn stragety better.)
    For me story mode is free and fast healing - and it gives me the chance to finish a quest or a part of the game I find boring. It helps a bit on my restartis, but is not a complete cure…. But a great help :)