Skip to content

The Perils of Recovery

NaiaNaia Member Posts: 1
edited March 29 in Builders - Toolset
Hi there! I'm Naia, i've been around NWN since 2005 or so, and I sing its praises across the land, for it is what we need from video games. Freedom!

So, with that said, I wanted to bring up something that has been a curiosity since I began. Now, keep in mind I have tested this across 3 different systems of my own and confirmed it with two others who tested it across their systems.

What's with the recovery function? Is Beamdog just... oblivious to it, or is it a problem you simply cannot fix? Because at this point, I really think it's important that you remove said function.

Once every blue moon it'll function alright without obliterating all you hold dear.

However, I have had more module corruptions from this function than ANY other source. I tested it thoroughly; 3 or 4 out of 5 times, it corrupts the module, on numerous video cards and systems. I tested it on a Linux box I have too, because why not?

It's consistent. It's flawed. And if Beamdog's aware of it... why's it still here? It's a danger to module developers. It's a problem for me. I tested it to know that it's not just me. So, what's the hold up, fellas?