Skip to content

Major Issues (Lags, Freezes) while playing NWN:EE SoU Chapter 2

I'm really frustrated 😭
I'm playing the Shadows of Undrentide Campaign and now I'm in Chapter 2 (the final Chapter). It's where all the problems started: While playing and saving all the time, at a certain point I can't load my save files. The load screen will never end and the task manager says the game is freezing.
There were some anomalies I noticed while playing the game like hostile creatures are not attacking me anymore or if they start cast a spell they'll never end it, the animation is running all the time – only the Player Character can do normal actions. At that point I know, I can still save the game but I won't be able to load.
There is another anomaly, the game starts to lag/freeze every few seconds but no CPU/GPU effort shown in the task manager. The lags or freezings periods lasts longer every few seconds, then it will freeze permanently.
I restarted the Chapter from the menu (caused to lose the henchman) but after completing the first mission this issue will still appear.
I made a lot of save files and everytime I noticed that issue, I loaded an old one and played the part again. On that way I could doing some progress at least – but just delaying the problem.
I'm not playing with any mods, just plain Vanilla NWN:EE. And I already uninstalled and reinstalled the game and tried to play without Steam.

I'm near to the end but it's so annyoing to play all the broken parts again and again.
You have any idea what this could be or just some ideas what else I could do? 😟

Comments

• DagnarusDagnarus Member Posts: 2
    edited April 23
    I have the same problem( unable to find a solution. Hope somebody will help. Last steam version
    Post edited by Dagnarus on
  • VVhiteTheEntityVVhiteTheEntity Member Posts: 7
    I didn't know I have some workshop content. I removed these portrait restoration and now it seems to work.
    But can't load all of the old save files, so maybe better to start over the chapter.
  • DagnarusDagnarus Member Posts: 2
    Also i keep getting Action List Overflow... Tag: BurningMan. In a DebugMode
  • VVhiteTheEntityVVhiteTheEntity Member Posts: 7
    I read about that very often. Also an action list overflow message in chapter 2 of the original campaign but the community classified that error as harmless.

I found a thread in Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/704450/discussions/0/3272436852832095704/
  • PrimevalAtomPrimevalAtom Member Posts: 2
    Man I am playing and this error started to happen to me too.
    I invested alot and had two save files, but noth of them now don't load :_(

Is there any Fix???