Skip to content

iOS mod hub?

StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,380
I have been thinking about iOS modding lately.

As you all know, the iOS versions of BG:ee, SoD and BG2:er can be modded by this method:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66644/how-to-install-mods-on-ios-devices-no-jailbreak
Not easy, but it works.

Since it is a bit tedious, I was wondering if any was up for sharing their:
- Override folder
- Lang folder, and
- WeiDu log.

It would save some time for some of us who just want a few mods and don’t want to start up a new install.
I dont even know if the files are to big to upload on this site. Is it something that would be interesting?

Comments

• Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 334
    Beamdog hopefully will open these games up in future? Maybe they dont like money seeing as how modding adds value.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,380
    I am not sure why modding has to be so difficult.

The NWN app should be easier to mod, but lacks the abbundance of interesting mods that the BG community has - sorry NWN community…. IWD is on the other hand completely shut down. So its not a clear strategy or plan they follow.

Most of all, it seems that Beamdog doesnt have the in-house knowledge of how the Apps work, and they mostly rely on external ressources. But I am not certain… I have asked for an open and accessable app since 2018. Its not there yet, but not off the table either..
    If you have some files, you are welcome to sharing them