Skip to content

Positional sound effects not working correctly in stereo

AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
edited November 2012 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
I'm playing with headphones and I've noticed that a lot of sound effects - most noticeably footsteps - do not work correctly in stereo. Normally, the left and right-side volume of sounds should be dynamically scaled depending on the position of their source on the screen. In BG:EE a lot of sound effects get their balance set either to 0% left and 100% right when on the right side of the screen, or 0% right and 100% left when on the left side of the screen, with no gradience in-between.
Post edited by Adul on

Comments

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    No-one else noticed this? Am I alone with this bug? Might be just my sound device acting up.
  • DrklghtDrklght Member Posts: 1
    I noticed the same issue and this is really annoying when playing with headphones! Please fix this!
  • aldainaldain Member Posts: 307
    I've noticed the same, though for me it mostly manifests with spell chants. They'll be 100% left or 100% right, never balanced.
  • HoiusHoius Member Posts: 27
    @Adul - I'm with 5.1 surround sound and I also have problems with the ballance of the sound effects. For example when it's raining almost all other sounds disappear (although not always). That includes character responses when clicked and even the sound of clicking itself.
  • veloolevveloolev Member Posts: 1
    Having the same issue. I cant remember if the original had 100% stereo separation but its definitely something that I would like to see fixed.
    @veloolev The original game didn't have this issue, at least not for me.
  • EkitalEkital Member Posts: 19
    Someone really needs to fix this, it really bugs me when playing.
  • ZenryoZenryo Member Posts: 9
    I am experiencing the same issue, would rather have full sound in both ears, an option to disable 'surround' would be nice.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @Nathan, Beamdog's sound guy, is aware of this and looking into it.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    edited February 2013
    Yep, it's on the list - we haven't forgotten about it.

It's a code-side issue, so, as soon as I can shanghai a programmer we'll try and get this resolved.
    Rejoice!