Skip to content

Arnel's nalia romance bug

UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 260
There are reports of bug on Skitia's discord. I will copy them here:

Aaron de Vries — 05/07/2024 18:53

I'm running into 2 problems with the latest version of the Arnel mod. The timer for branch1 doesn't initialize, even though local variable branch1 1 initializes each time I converse with Nalia and accept her quest at the Copper Coronet. Adding a timer for branch1 in the global variables starts these conversations and the run consecutively until branch1 sets to 50 in the local variables. One commenter renamed his branch3 timer global variable to branch1 to get the branch1 conversations running, but this prevents the branch3 conversations from triggering afterwards. Unless a player has viewed the Arnel Nalia dialogue files with an editor such as DLTCEP, they are likely to miss this bug, because they won't know that the branch1 conversations even exist; the mod runs even if they aren't executed.

Aaron de Vries — 05/07/2024 19:02
The second problem didn't occur when I first ran the Arnel mod, but it breaks the progression of this mod; BG2EE then runs as if the Arnel mod wasn't installed. Everything is OK until the fight with BadBad2, then, at the end of the fight, the wrong string reference is called. A bit of dialogue between Dorn and his mentor (?) about "saving your spine" appears in the dialogue box as a reference to a journal entry when Nalia requests that we "don't let him get away", and that we go to the Order of the Radiant Heart to track him down.

Aaron de Vries — 05/07/2024 19:14
This string reference bug did not occur when I first ran the Arnel mod, and after we went to the Order, Nalia's comment about how long we might wait to speak with Sir Ryan Trawl ran, as did the scene where he approaches us and gives us information. This enable me to complete this quest and Joseph turned up and died. When I tried a second runthrough with the Arnel mod on a separate clean install of BG2EE, the branch1 timer still failed to initialize, and the string reference bug cropped up. I have separate installations of BG2EE (one the complete EE including SoD, from GOG, the other just BG2EE from Steam, and they are the same version. So, I've gone back to the De'Arnise Romance mod; it's much better written, but I still enjoyed Sir Billy Bob's mod.
There are at least 2 other erroneous string references in the BadBad-Joseph subplot; these are called as journal entries, and don't show up in the dialogue box at all. They also don't show up in the in-game journal, but if you check this with EE keeper, you'll see them.

Comments

• UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 260
    @Austin87 I think you are maintaining Arnel's romance? Not sure
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 301
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    @Austin87 I think you are maintaining Arnel's romance? Not sure

Hello! No, I do not support this mod. Gwendolyne did this recently (as the administrator of the SHS site where the mod is posted).