Skip to content

Icewind Dale II, HoF, too easy?

WisteriasWisterias Member Posts: 20
edited August 20 in Off-Topic
This game is known for being 'hard', but tbh I don't think so. I mean, it's only hard if you don't know what you are doing.

I see people overcomplicating when they create their chars, when all you need is pure Sorcerers, better if they are drow because of magic resistance. My last run was with 5 drow sorcerers and 1 deep gnome mage (used to disable some traps). I guess that I could go 6 sorcerers because traps are not a big deal in this game.

I mean, I don't remember a combat where Animate Dead+Horrid Wilting+Mordenkainen Swords combo didn´t work, even Isair/Madae can be defeated this way with ease; you only need to lower their magic resistances and malison, that's all. Cast Horrid Wilting. They take lot of magic damage while they are distracted with your Boneguards of whatever.

Undeads from Animate Dead are inmune to Horrid Wilting so they make the perfect tanks for your spells. Wail of the Banshee is very destructive too, Symbol of Hopelessness... And Mordenkainen Swords make your sorcerer a perfect fighter from a safe distance with tons of slashing damage O_o.

Tbh the only 2 things in this game that can be complicated; the Chambers, but only the spiders one; Symbol of Hopelessness helps a lot there. The other thing that can become complicated is when you have to kill Izbelah before she can cast the Temporal Stasis spell, but if you are fast it's ok. Mordenkainen Swords for everyone do the trick. Had no problems in my last run.

Starting at lvl 1 in HOF is not a problem since at lvl 1 you can summon goblins etc. So Targos is so easy. Tank with goblins and shot arrows. You will level very fast in no time. Rest of game becomes similar...

Saludos.
Post edited by Wisterias on