Skip to content

[Possible Bug] Tutorial export / New game import trick

ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
Just prior to completing the tutorial I loaded up my character with all the gear from the mini-dungeon, went to character record and exported the character.

Originally I created file 10SORC, went back into the export section and no record was there. I then exported again to 03MAGE.

I completed the tutorial, started a new game and at character selection I had two entries, the overriden 03MAGE file and presumably my 10SORC file (as all others were there).

I started the new game and my character had all the gear, gems, the healing potion and experience from the tutorial. Now, is this intended or a cheesy exploit? I couldn't see this previously raised so thought I'd bring it to light.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    It's not a bug and it's not really intentional. It's an aspect of the game that can be amused. Some little kid was on GameFAQs last night bragging about doing that 20 times over to get to level 7 before leaving Candlekeep.

I guess you could say its intentional, maybe. It could be there to allow players who've beaten the game once to take their characters and start over on a higher difficulty with all their levels and gears. Kind of like a (very versatile) new game plus.
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Hmm that's a good way to look at it. Sucks to be that kid. Baldur's Gate, you're doing it wrong.