Skip to content

Some issues and feedback on shaders and other things.

Hi hi hello! I got an account here more or less just to post this topic here.

I think the new development update has improved my performance quite a bit, although it never was bad to begin with, but any little bit is greatly appreciated!

My biggest, non-shader related issue first,
I often am without an internet connection, there were really major lag spikes while I was playing a single player module just recently, every couple of seconds the game froze completely.
When internet service turned back on, this disappeared, so my guess would be it's some kind of telemetry thing, would be great if this was toggleable, or otherwise addressed.

As for shaders, is it possible to turn off Parallax mapping? I have looked just about everywhere and I can't really find any settings for texture shaders like that, often it isn't done super well on the assets, and looks really off alongside the rest of the art I find, so I would love to be able to turn it off.

Another thing, when looking to disable it, I found:
"run-shader-even-with-no-effects"
setting this to false makes the game completely unable to render once past the menus, and since it's all pitch black I can't go out and disable it either, this means I really don't know what the setting even does!

Thanks in advance, I hope I don't come across as nagging!