Skip to content

BG:EE feature request compilation--unfinished

2»

Comments

• carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    Anton said:

@caruga I mean at your page: http://baldur.hostzi.com/

Instead of:

Provide new voicesets for player character.
    Link #1
    We would have:
    Provide new voicesets for player character.
    I will have a think on it, but right now there can be multiple links belonging to the same idea, so I don't see how it would work...
    edited August 2012
    @tanthalas: just noticed you edited my OP. I'm not sure that I would have invited people to use it for idea-screening just yet... if only because 'nested' mode is the only mode available and it forces people to click through lots of stuff, and they can't use their browser search facility to see if their idea is mentioned. As it is now, it would be quicker for me to tell them if their idea is on there, than for them to look.

In fact I only realised yesterday how inadequate the interface was for its intended purpose. I think I got carried away with making it way more fancy than it needs to be, and was waiting for someone to criticise it.

But now i'm interested: for those who could get it to work in their browser at all (...) how do they feel about the way the interface behaves? Is it practical/easy to comprehend, or the opposite?
    edited August 2012

@Tanthalas - yeah, it totally works. I've made a fool of myself once again (it looks like I'm missing no chance, lately) >_<</p>

Looks like I have to change something. :P

EDIT: done.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @caruga

- I'm not sure if its possible, but a search function would be nice.

- For some reason when I try to open/close a "folder" the whole text moves around which makes it a bit disorienting for me.

- When we open a folder, it should only open that folder. The current behaviour is that if I click on Miscellanea, several other folders are also opened.
    caruga said:

@Tanthalas - yeah, it totally works. I've made a fool of myself once again (it looks like I'm missing no chance, lately) >_<</p>

Looks like I have to change something. :P

EDIT: done.
    @caruga
    Looks like your cursor only changes if its above a link. There is still no indication that folders are clickable.
    edited August 2012
    Tanthalas said:

@caruga
    Looks like your cursor only changes if its above a link. There is still no indication that folders are clickable.

The cursor doesn't change to a hand when it hovers above the menu titles? It does for me....

EDIT: Maybe your browser cached the old page. I'll set the page to no-cache so that it can't happen in future.
    edited August 2012
    @caruga

Yeah, it loaded the cache'd page. I forced a refresh and its working now.
    edited August 2012
    Tanthalas said:

@caruga

- I'm not sure if its possible, but a search function would be nice.

On the todo list.
    - For some reason when I try to open/close a "folder" the whole text moves around which makes it a bit disorienting for me.
    Well the design was that you click on a different folder, unless you want to 'peek' at where you currently are. If you click on the currently underlined folder, it will move to the parent folder so as go gain perspective of where you are in the document.

But I can see why it might be a bit overdone. I'll try reduce it to something simpler, or even provide several different modes to try out.
    - When we open a folder, it should only open that folder. The current behaviour is that if I click on Miscellanea, several other folders are also opened.
    The effect I was going for was that of 'zooming in' as like a lens, such that when you're viewing an idea of a certain depth, you see all other ideas at that depth and above.

I think accessability should be my priority, though, so if it isn't readily apparent what the heck is going on or why the interface does what it does, I should probably change it. I'll wait and see what others say. Since other modes are in the plan anyway it should not be in issue in the future, I'll just have to pick the right mode for a default.

For now I've changed the opening helper from 'click chapter to open' to 'click to zoom in on document'.
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Great set up so far.
    edited August 2012

Great set up so far.

Thanks!

Off to bed now. Might be too busy to work on it tomorrow but I'll have the rest of the week free for it after that.

EDIT: wops!, just realised I forgot to upload the new database that I claimed to have uploaded. :)
  • EleosEleos Member Posts: 48
    edited August 2012
    How do I get my 'let any wizard cast find familiar' request in this?
    edited August 2012
    Due to a forum bug I cannot edit the OP right now, which means I have to create new posts to announce anything. This is not really what I wanted as I don't wish to keep bumping the thread and drawing attention to it until my work is really finished on the project and people can start using it usefully.

Anyway, I've updated the site with a notice (click to expand it) that clarifies a few things.
  • NouserNouser Member Posts: 53
    edited August 2012
    dunno if it is possible ,but these requests wold be great to the overall gaming,imo.

1-alignment change (easy to implement and simultaneouslty very important to gameplay)

There is already a mod (virtue mod) that changes your alignment from good to bad in accordance with your actions. http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=107&Itemid=82/

It would also be great if a change from chaotic/lawful could be executed (like in planescape) .

2-Main character dialogue change in accordance with intellectual habilities and charisma.

This was done in neverwinter. Do you guys think it could be done in bg?

3-Some creature variety would be nice. Nothing that would change the animations from bg.But some orcs and goblins along with the regular hobgoblins of swordcoast would make a differnce from the past versions.

I wonder if creatures from icewind could be added too using infinite animations ?

4- Some mods offer extra minor character customization options.Will the enhanced version do this?

5- extra creatures could also potentially lead to extra quests and itens (properly balanced) involving them.

6-adding the icewind spells would be good,as long as the npcs also received them.

7-Better AI is a must,but guess you guys have already done that.

8-If new adventures be added,it would be good to see icewind music on them.Just to add variety.
    Post edited by Nouser on
    edited August 2012
    are the old mods for tutu,trilogy,infinity animations...etc going to be compatible with the enhanced version?
    Post edited by Nouser on
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    @Nouser - why would you wanna use Tutu on BG:EE? It's already making use of the ToB engine.

Andrea, i mean the mods that were directed to tutu and trilogy
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    @Nouser - see here, here and here.