Skip to content

Killing Firebead Elvenhair at the beginning imbalances the game

I just noticed that after killing Firebead and leaving Candlekeep all NPC:s were above their normal starting level. For example Imoen was lvl 4 and Montaron/Xzar also lvl 3-4. Then i went to kill all the monsters in that first area and it was super-easy.

Does this occur only in the enhanced edition or vanilla game also?
Should he just be left alive because of this?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Don't kill him then :p
    QuartzPantalionAristillius
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    I don't blame you for wanting to kill him. He has the dumbest name in all the realms.
    vorticanFredjo
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    Its been like that since the Vanilla game. Evil has it easy. ;)
    Quartz
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    It's normal, give a look @ NPCLEVEL.2DA. I also went on a rampage with my Fighter/Illusionist and his Imp. I restrained myself, but ended up 3/3 with 10k gold. So, Imoen was level 4 with less than appropriate thief skills choices. Still, it's 5k XP won on her.
    Also, the gatekeeper in Candlekeep (the one in front of the training house) gives 975 XP on killing. Makes it easy to level up with the 2.7k of Firebead.
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    That's why they make it really difficult to kill him. You pretty much either have to abuse the stairs, or get lucky with your saves and attack rolls, which likely involves a lot of reloading.

If you're willing to do that, then it probably doesn't matter too much that it imbalances the game :/
    Quartz
  • vorticanvortican Member Posts: 206

I don't blame you for wanting to kill him. He has the dumbest name in all the realms.

I was just thinking that today, "Boy, that guy's name sucks. What a dumbass."
    darthchairFredjo
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645

That's why they make it really difficult to kill him. You pretty much either have to abuse the stairs, or get lucky with your saves and attack rolls, which likely involves a lot of reloading.

Or just reload till you have 3 traps set ...

Chhhheeeeeeessssssseeeeeee .... I should have killed more stuff.
    badbromance
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    The higher is your level, the higher is level of NPC. It has always been like that.
    edited December 2012
    Inside the clinic theres a priest of oghma that gives you 175 XP.
    Abel said:

Also, the gatekeeper in Candlekeep (the one in front of the training house) gives 975 XP on killing.

Is this the guy that offers to train you? Because I cant find him anymore.
  • RenulanRenulan Member Posts: 109
    He's still south of the gate entrance. to the right of the barracks
    edited December 2012
    Nope, all I can find is 175 XP watchers, can you take a screenshot of this gatekeeper?

Maybe he is gone because I skipped the training.