Skip to content

assassin/fighter build

is this a good build? This is my 1st playthough.

Comments

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    No, Swashbuckler / Fighter dualed at level 5 swashbuckler is better, and a simple fighter / thief multiclass is vastly better.

Dual classing from an assassin is a bad idea, as this kit gains its biggest bonuses at higher levels, whereas a Swashbuckler gains huge bonuses every 5 levels which carry over if you dual class (after regaining your inactive levels).

Fighter dual classed to a thief can eventually be even better, but not a viable build with BG1's experience cap.
  • DeathMachineMiyagiDeathMachineMiyagi Member Posts: 120
    EZY said:

is this a good build? This is my 1st playthough.

No. One of the biggest things you want as an assassin...the ability to deal 7x damage with backstab...is lost if you do this. All you'll have in exchange for losing a huge chunk of your potential thieving skill points is the ability to use poison, which is an awful trade-off.

• EZYEZY Member Posts: 12
    Ok. Should i just play as a fighter. I like sneaking and back stabbing in Skyrim. I know its a different game but I like those characters. I read thiefs werent good as the main character and were just for support. I wanna be bad azz.
    Try a fighter / thief multiclass instead, you will enjoy playing that.
    Cool. I'll try that. Thanks
  • KhrondorKhrondor Member Posts: 54
    Fighter/Thief is my Favorite, but dont overlook the Stalker from the Ranger Kit.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Khrondor said:

Fighter/Thief is my Favorite, but dont overlook the Stalker from the Ranger Kit.

A Stalker is lots of fun and more how I imagine a "real" ranger to be - lightly armoured, stealthy, deadly...

The "free" two pips in dual-wield is very nice too and bonus wider spell selection at high levels

For fighter/thief. I take fighter and then at level 7 is where I dual class to thief right?
    Interesting about the stalker....
    edited December 2012
    No you don't dual class!

Pick a valid non human race and make a MULTICLASS fighter / thief. Youre going to be gimped throughout the whole game dualing at level 7 fighter and waiting for 8 thief levels to be effective.