Skip to content

[BUG] NPC character portrait displays incorrect image

NemrokNemrok Member Posts: 7
edited February 2013 in Fixed
Hi all,

I encountered the following bug. I just got to the point in the game where Neera joins my party. When I click on her portrait and hit "r", I see a small picture of a male NPC in the upper left corner. Instead I should be seeing her portrait. All of the other NPC character portraits are displaying correctly. Note: I did select this portrait for my main character: http://www.baldursgate.com/neera.en.html, could this have caused this issue? My main character is an Elven Wild Mage :)

I'm re-installing the game to see if this corrects the issue (my save games are intact).

Thanks,
Nemrok
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• NemrokNemrok Member Posts: 7
    Re-installing the game didn't correct the issue, Neera's portrait is still corrupt.
    Well I went back to an earlier save before Neera was encountered. I changed my character portrait to one different from: http://www.baldursgate.com/neera.en.html. I then went through the part where I help Neera defeat the wizard etc. then added her to my party. However, her portrait is still busted. Also, Neera's small portrait is wrong as well - it's the first portrait you can select when customizing your character. Although this isn't a game-breaking bug, it's annoying since you will be looking at these portraits for the entire game :)

I guess I will have to remove her from my party since there doesn't seem to be a fix for this. My main character is a wild Mage anyway. However this is disappointing.

Thanks,
    Nemrok
    edited December 2012
    I have restarted a new game where I selected a custom portrait I created. Will see what happens when I encounter Neera.

Please fix this?

Thanks,
    Nemrok
  • psyactpsyact Member Posts: 81
    edited December 2012
    This (I assume) is related to the NPC check that is performed when you are using their default portrait. In each case, that NPC defaults to a second portrait, which is likely predefined somewhere. Neera must not have that predefined image, leading to the corrupt portrait.
    This makes sense as to the possible cause. I restarted a new game where I'm using a different portrait other than Neera for my main character. Let's see what happens when I encounter Neera.

Thanks,
    Nemrok
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    When you reinstalled the game did you delete the install folder and the BGEE folder inside my documents? If not you could have a corrupt file that held over even when you re-installed.
    No I didn't. I'm right back at the point where Neera is about to join my party. Let's see what happens. If it's still busted, I will wipe out all folders and re-install.

Thanks,
    Nemrok
  • Covert_MadnessCovert_Madness Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Experienced Action: I am playing with Neera's primary portrait on my main character. Neera has been given a different portrait. When I go to the character information screen Neera's portrait shows a male portrait in the portrait window. This portrait is also very small and the rest of the portrait window is black.

Expected Action: Neera's secondary portrait shows correctly in character information screen.
    Post edited by Avenger_teambg on
    Well, the issue is resolved for me (although I still think it's a bug), when Neera joined my party the correct portraits display, e.g. small, medium & large. So the issue is avoided by not choosing Neera's portrait for your main character.

Thanks,
    Nemrok
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Probably that was a wild surge :D
    Anyway, reported.
    Is this still around? I couldn't reproduce it.
    I think this has been fixed. You can choose Neera's portrait for your PC.