Skip to content

Jon 'Icarus' Mentioned in Cloakwood

In the spider infested portion of the Cloakwood forest there is a denizen by the name of Centeol. Before BG:EE she said she was cursed to live as that fat creature by Jon Irenicus. Now she says shes been cursed by Jon Icarus? Was this changed due to lore conflicts? I always liked to think Bodhi was responsible for this woman's hideous transformation in some indirect way. Am I imagining things? Has it always been Jon Icarus or was that changed?

Comments

• waardeniuswaardenius Member Posts: 58
    It was always like that.
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    I've always remembered her saying that it was Irenicus' fault.
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    Was always "Jon Irenicus" to me.
  • GSMGSM Member Posts: 34
    It was always jon icarus
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
    It has always been Icarus.
  • aXidalaXidal Member Posts: 61
    I believe that they retconned it to Irenicus in Tutu, though it was Icarus in Vanilla.
  • FoerthanFoerthan Member Posts: 23
    It was Icarus in the original BG1. Maybe BGT, Tutu, or a mod you've used before changes it to Irenicus.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    A lot of mods changed the text to Irenicus, because that was who she was actually referring to. Icarus was supposedly going to be the name of the villain in BG2, but it was decided that naming a guy who failed to become a god "Icarus" was just a bit too on-the-nose.

We debated changing it for BG:EE, but decided that we liked the easter egg reference. :)
  • TalonfireTalonfire Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2012
    Was it ever even implied in BG2 that Irenicus had a wife? He was lovers with the Queen sure, but I don't recall him ever mentioning having a wife at any point. I don't see how they could be seen as the same character at this point.