Skip to content

Help me choose a new class to play? :D

RagingOrcRagingOrc Member Posts: 63
Hey peeps,

So i just got this and i'm looking to create a character which goes straight through to TOB EE. I love the Baldur's Gate series and have played them from release :). That said I have only really ever played a classic fighter or a mage which then progressed onto a sorcerer after I understood all the spells and got a good knowledge of them...

I might play a sorc again as I like my main char to be OP and a whirlwind of uttter destruction but I'd also like to try something different?

Anyone got any suggestions?

Bear in mind...

The character class/kit must be good for BG2 and TOB aswell.

Must be overpowered (Child of Bhaal etc, just fits in with my rp experience. IMO he shouldn't be normal and slightly better than other standard adventurers etc)

Must be a relatively fun class to play (I know this sounds vague and fun is indeed relative to an individuals preferences but I hope you understand what I mean)

I have heard good things about the Kensai/Mage but I also heard you are literally a bum to start with until your dual class comes bk through, which could be a problem for BG1. I've also never really ever focussed on thieves backstabbing,please don't all attack me :P, but heard they can be very good too. I used to use them as ranged snipers/jack of all trades and ppl who gained the party alot of extra xp by disraming traps, picking locks etc.

That said, i'm sure there are plenty of other options too.

Any advice/opinions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks ppls and enjoy BG! :)

Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    Post this in the General Discussion, please. This is the bugs section for BG:EE. So if you aren't incessantly whining like the rest of us are, it should go in General. :)
  • RagingOrcRagingOrc Member Posts: 63
    Sorry my fault, I thought I had.... Thanks for the heads up :)