Skip to content

Portrait Patching Problem

AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 86
edited September 27 in BGII:EE Mods
Hey all!

Messing with portraits and ran into a bit of trouble. I'm trying to patch in the Kui-style portraits by SheriffTwisted, but there is a problem.

I wanted to see if just dropping a portrait set with the BG1 file names would work for no-longer-playable characters. I decided to use Quayle as my test subject, since he was quick to get to where I am. I first tried dropping just the L portrait in the BG2 Portraits folder, to see if the game automatically downscaled them. It didn't. No big deal, I made M and S versions as well, opened the game, and talked to him again. He has the correct portrait now, but... it's blue. Like, all the colors are a shade of blue. It's been put through some sort of blue filter.

Any ideas? I have the portrait files in both the 'Portraits' folder and the 'Override' folder, and I double checked to make sure they're all 24-bit color BMPs. I'm gonna keep screwing around, but I'm at a loss. Is Quayle doomed to be either an oil painting or blue forever?

EDIT: solved! There was a column of transparency due to a bad resize. Fixed that right up.
Post edited by AsaBM on
Sign In or Register to comment.