Skip to content

Graphics not good up close. Normal edition even better. Looking for graphics improvement mod.

WorldPeaceWorldPeace Member Posts: 2
I played the original when it was launched. I have it on my PC.

I can't understand 15 years later a EE version comes out and it looks worse when zoomed in to the size of the original BG.

However it will still be worth the buy if somebody makes better textures for BGEE. Any graphics mods I should know of in progress?

Comments

• cryocorecryocore Member Posts: 121
    Texture mods? There is no 3d in the game, no meshes no textures. The backgrouds as always look great, but the sprites are always going to look bad zoomed in. There are MANY reasons not to buy this over vanilla BG the graphics isnt one of them
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Yeah, sorry but such a mod isn't really possible.
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    edited December 2012
    Sprites and Backgrounds DO look more or less acceptable, even if put trough high filtering and a not avoidable standard filtering which is not able to turn off.

The only thing which is worth to complain is the the Tablet optimized GUI which was ported 1:1 over to the PC Version, that one looks indeed not graphical advanced, thanks to the 720P : 1080P difference.

But the graphic alone is more or less ok. Did expect it to become much worse. That is the best result which was available - That and the zoom function are in my opinion big plus points :)
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    You zoomed in too far. Dial it back.
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2012
    when you zoom in its like zooming into a picture anywhere your going to loose quality only way they could have really fixed that is if they redone all the areas and that would have taken ages. Simple fix dont zoom in so close =p
    @xxxsmb1987xxx The question is if you manually zoom.. if that auto zoom feature, which is running always in background is also still there.

In that case the EE would harm the graphic Twice, which would be the biggest Fail ever :D

One more reason that we users are being able to decide if we want a instant zoom running constantly in the background without even touching the zoom feature.
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    hmmm I never really noticed it to be honest im sorry people are having issues with it though =/
    edited December 2012
    It is not exactly a problem, it is more a question of logic and common sense. BTw. perhaps it could be that i am also completly wrong in that matter, so just forget it, i dont want to be blamed that people tell i say something wich is not true at all :)

There are right now really only 2 Things that stick out like a fist in the eye - The more Low Resolution GUI - I admit, this is minor stuff, but still important for reaching a good quality - and Point 3: the big Intel Graphic Problems, which is really terrible.