Skip to content

New Launcher is buggy for me, can't go past Please wait...

Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
Hi,
I installed the new version of BG:EE Launcher, and since after I can't go past the Please wait... screen. The game crushes, with the ERROR MESSAGE: Launcher has encountered problems and it has to stop. How can I remove the new launcher quickly? How can I return to not patched state with 2nd computer already patched? Pls. help, I dedicated this day to play with my wife.

Expected behavior: the Game should work with the new Launcher now updated.

Failure:
The not working machine has Win PX, 3rd patch. I couldn't download the patch. Only the new Launcher.
The 2nd computer is Win7, I could download the patch there.
Post edited by Humanoid_Taifun on

Comments

• sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    grr.. same here (
    all was working perfect for me till then.. since i saw in the old launcher that dready '+' (update available for BGEE), and had the stupid idea to click 'ok' (update game), all hell broke loose ; update never started, the launcher went crashing (frozen). relaunching the launcher, i have a message 'new 1.9.0.5 launcher available something.. i updated (from site, as old launcher crashing always..)..now, not even able to launch new launcher (crashing after identification) .. ù*ù*^$* Hope that will be fixed quickly too.. O_o
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    I don't want to delete again all, and upload again all to the two computers... It is taking too long time. Is there a way to only remove the new Launcher and add the older one? And is there a way to manually download the new patch? Thanks.
    jeez.. finally, got it to work again (downloaded the new launcher from beamdog and reinstalled it again.. for the second time).. and now i have to redownload the whole package again (1.8G).. gr8t.. but better than nothing i guess, crossing fingers ^^ *\ ..367ko/s (for now), 1h30 to go, supaa.. *I
    i solved it too with freeing up 8GB free space on hardrive, and restarting the installer over and over again until it succeeded.
    Pleas close this topic then, we solved to run it.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,063
    I moved it.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    edited December 2012
    @Sunset00 and Sese79

You don't have to download all the files again just to reinstall the Launcher or Client.
    Just move the files to a different directory prior to uninstalling, then reinstall and either point the Launcher to the new Beamdog directory, or close the Launcher, (remember to close it in Systray too, it keep on running there), and move the Beamdog directory back in the default directory.

I'm pretty sure it'll work, and I've read that it does, but I have not tried it myself. Just to cover my back... :)
    @Bytebrain
    yep.. maybe next time then, i just indicated to the new launcher the old directory (where all the files were), but it all the same decided to re-DL everything so..anyway, 1h30, in my case, that was ok, was not extremely urgent for me. ... and apparently i passed from version 1.0.2007 to 1.0.2008 ! woow..i am sure it was worthing it... well, i hope.. not sure what was the updated version improvements list, maybe i can find it in the forum.. i will check. :)
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Oh, I thought the launcher deleted everything when it was uninstalled...
    Well, I'm glad you got it up and running again. :)