Skip to content

Requests of some small but useful feautures

So these would be my requests:

- When you sleep in an inn, there is no cut-scene playing. The problem is that, there is no proper indication that you have successfully slept there apart from the text on the right side. This can be misleading and you might press the chosen room button several times, especially if you are new to the game. A small cut-scene like in the vanilla game would be en elegant solution.

- In the inventory when you have some items equipped, there is no distinctive selection around them (around their squares), only some barely visible shade in the background. When you have let's say 3 swords equipped, you don't see clearly which one is active, whereas in the vanilla game the active weapon was highlighted in a clear and distinctive way.

- The new colored circles under the NPCs in your party is not a bad idea, in fact it differentiates them quite well. But might be some people who preferred the original identical green ones. So I think it would be a good idea to make a button somewhere in the options to change these circles (the colors) back to the original ones if that's what the player prefers.

- If CHARNAME chooses to play with a portrait that is originally assigned to an NPC in the game, when you pick him / her up, a new portrait is assigned to that NPC to differentiate him / her from CHARNAME. Sometimes, these assigned portraits are really out of character, and there is no option to change them. These should be changeable the same way as CHARNAME's portraits if the need arises. Small thing, but makes a difference.

- In the spell book when you click on the erase button accidentally (it happens) the spell is erased without any warning. In the vanilla game you were asked if you were sure about erasing the spell from the book, because it would disappear permanently. A simple warning message would be useful here.

That's it. So when you'll have some time (and others agree) it would be great if you considered these requests.

Comments

• KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    I like it very much. Some of these requests I've posted already.

About the colored circles:
    Instead original color... Make an option to choose what color you want them to be (original green color would be among color options).
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    The vanilla game didn't have the inn cut-scene, did it? I know Planescape: Torment didn't. Well, I'd be happy with a run option :)
  • ScofieldScofield Member Posts: 119
    @Kirkor glad you agree. About the colored circles, you mean the change of the circle colors should be separated from the change of the main "clothing" color? Because now we can change the color of these circles only together with the main color of the basic clothing in the inventory.
  • ScofieldScofield Member Posts: 119
    @MedullaOblongata when you slept in an Inn, there was a cut-scene about a nice room with a double bed and a mouse (or a rat if you prefer) running on the floor. Maybe there were even different types of cut-scenes for the different room types, but this is the one that I can recall now.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Oh, really? Hmm... well, it's not much to me, but perhaps they will add it later :)
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited December 2012
    If I may 'hijack' your post to add two minor suggestions:
    -'esc' could bring the menu(options) up as well as down (as it already does)
    -right mouse button when clicked on map could deselect party instead of making them walk as left button does.
    Dont know if anyone agree. Personaly I would want these options and have searched "options menu" for them.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited December 2012
    btw I agree with OP suggestions, mostly second, third and forth. The circles are nice but a neutral color option would be welcome too.
    Post edited by Razor on