Skip to content

Interface Change - Make Active Icons Gold Instead of Blue

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
edited December 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I love the new character screens (great font and colors!), and the interface by-and-large, rocks. But (and maybe I'm the only one having this problem), I can't easily tell what icons are active and can be used and what are inactive. The dark blue / gray of the icon doesn't really stand out. Why not make active icons the same gold color as the other icons on the left-hand of the screen, which also matches the up and down arrow of the dialogue box? There's a screenshot below where I try to make my case.

Circle "A" points to an active icon someone can click on. Circle "B" points to the color on the screen I think active icons *should* be, to help them stand out more.

Or maybe I'm off my rocker and its fine lol. Thoughts?

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    @HaHaCharade This is something I will be working on in a future version of my GUI Mod: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10158/wip-archaic-hd-gui-mod-for-bgee
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i think that it's ok that they're blue and it's a solid color scheme.
    but the highlighted squares in the inventory are totally indistinguishable. just desaturation on an already greyish background.

the differen't fonts for character name and class are ugly, they should be the same size and the class doesn't have to be in all-caps.

...also, there's a graphics bug with the UI that i'm having:

i usually like to hide the ui most of the time, and when it's shown i like to hide the left panel and leave the right one (you can do that by pressing Z).

however, whenever i (with such UI settings) try to open a container or pick something up, there's a graphics bug that's follows this sequence of events:

0. the game is paused
    (*when the game is paused, the UI works so that all panels are shown, regardless of settings)
    1. gameworld screen gets shifted to the right to accommodate for the panel that should now be showing since the game is paused
    2. OBSERVED BEHAVIOR --- the panel doesn't show
    (2'. EXPECTED BEHAVIOR --- the panel shows as it should when game pauses thus eliminating the buggy effect)
    3. since the panel remains hidden and the gameworld screen is shifted sideways, the part of the picture displayed before the pause remains in the place where the panel should be - therefore producing a duplicated strip of the gameworld. there's some jerking, flashing and similar artifacts involved, sometimes.

other than that bug, there's yet another thing i want to address and that is 'unhiding the UI while paused'
    ^can't do it in a straightforward way: on pause the UI gets shown by default and then, on unpause, it is hidden automatically - so i have to first (during pause) hide it and then unhide it manually (takes two presses of a button) so that, when i unpause the UI would not be hidden anymore. It's tedious. I want to be able to do that in just one press of a button. Better would be not to unhide the UI on pause by default.

Another great thing would be that if you have a single side panel (or both) hidden, only the elements that haven't been hidden should remain shown (ie pause doesn't change your UI settings) insted of all them getting unhidden (i almost never want to see that left panel because i use keyboard shortcuts for different game screens, so it just takes space 98% of the time).