Skip to content

Help in Chapter 3

Hi,

I'm needing help with getting to Cloakwood. I just cleared bandit camp and read the letters, letters said i should be heading to Cloakwood. The thing is i just can't get Cloakwood to appear on the map and i'm still in ch.3 if that matters any?

I didn't talk to Tazok or anything, i went straight to bandit camp. Killed them and cleared Tazok's tent, if that helps.

I'd appreciate all the help :)

Comments

• and_then_orand_then_or Member Posts: 107
    I'm slowly replaying the game right now (just poking along and enjoying the view) so I'm operating on a 10 year old memory here.

IIRC you will find a letter in Tazok's tent within the Bandit Camp. Reading it should trigger the Chapter 4 cinematics and the Cloakwood area should then be accessable.

If you found the letter and this did not happen, then I suggest you reload the Autosave from when you entered the Bandit Cap area and the relcear the camp/open the letter and see if this triggers Chapt. 4.

• dracuifydracuify Member Posts: 33
    Yes i found both the letters, but i didn't move to chapter 4 for some reason. Maybe because i went straight to the camp?

I'll try loading from autosave and see if it works, there's not much lost atleast.

I'm slowly replaying the game right now (just poking along and enjoying the view) so I'm operating on a 10 year old memory here.

IIRC you will find a letter in Tazok's tent within the Bandit Camp. Reading it should trigger the Chapter 4 cinematics and the Cloakwood area should then be accessable.

If you found the letter and this did not happen, then I suggest you reload the Autosave from when you entered the Bandit Cap area and the relcear the camp/open the letter and see if this triggers Chapt. 4.

Just dropped in to say this helped, probably did something in the wrong order or it bugged out. Cheers.

• and_then_orand_then_or Member Posts: 107
    Happy to help, it's nice to be useful for a bit.

For me the game really changed in Chapt 4. I remeber really enjoying the first part of the game, learning the classes and combat. Then in Cloakwood the story arc began to evolve (in my mind, anyway) and Chapt 4 became this epic dungeon crawl unto itself. And still so many Chapters to go.

I suppose there is a small chance this is your first time playing BG. Enjoying it so far?

For me this is like uncorking a bottle of fine wine. So much depth and flavor. I can't imagine how younge people who have only played full 3d/ newer game view this. I wonder if they will have the patience to finish it and appreciate the story.

It's good to be back in real D&D.
    Yes, this is my first time playing BG1 :) I didn't care for modding so i never got to try out BG1 and then came BG:EE. I've been enjoying it a lot, it's a nice change from BG2 which seemed to cater more to powergaming.

I'm used to powergaming so i wasn't sure how i'd react to this, but my gnome berserker is still very powerful by low level D&D standards :) Great game all in all.

I'm glad BG1 veterans (well atleast some of them) are also enjoying this :)