Skip to content

Colored Circles

Hi, I really, really like the new color-coded circles.

I just wish there was a choice for every color in the color menu.

I have found that it just uses a white circle for a lot of the more subtle colors, like violet.

So far, I've discovered two different shades each for red, pink, and blue, as well as green, brown, and white circles. Has anyone found any other colors?

This idea reminds me of the old board games I played as a kid, where we had little plastic pegs with round bases that we moved around the boards, and we called the piece "our man", as in "I rolled a 5, so I'm moving my man five squares in this direction".

The feature is way cool, and it's making it much easier for me to follow all the action on screen at a glance, to have the new character color codes. Thanks for this, Overhaul.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It uses a "washed out" shade of whatever your major color is--so some of the lighter colors are going to show up as gray or white.

That said, if you change your color (using Shadowkeeper) to one of the more vibrant colors (I like 0x60 personally), the color's much brighter.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Aosaw, very interesting. I can't get violet to look anything but white - but maybe I could try some of the SK custom colors. I didn't realize it was actually using your color pick to create the circle; I thought it was some kind of "if-then" subroutine.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I think it actually just uses the lightest hue from the color (i.e. the middle "dot" in the selected square), which explains why it's so light.

The SK colors are great. There's a feature request to get them added to the game's UI.
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    I was wondering what the deal was with those. I figured it was some kind of targeting system. You know...so the computer knew who was the weakest link and went after them. There totally should be a spell for putting a giant bullseye on someone's chest. Archery bonus yay!

But thanks for making a comment about it. I really didn't know why they made it all colorful. The original green was kinda boring though.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Ah, so it isn't only my old eyesight that makes light grey and other colours appear as white...