Skip to content

[Request] Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition UI

I know that BG:EE is only freshly out of the oven, but I feel that we must turn our gaze towards BG2:EE, and for me, in particular, the UI.

I'm sure there will already be plans set up for changing the UI for BG2, but I truly hope that the UI from BG:EE won't be carried over to BG2:EE. The original UI for BG2 was beautiful, in my opinion:

http://img.wsgf.org/f/u/imagecache/node-gallery-display/contrib/dr/215/extras/bg22d43s.jpg

The root entwined borders, the earthy tones and the textures are just perfect, and I feel they shouldn't be messed about with, and recoloured and retextured etc... So, this isn't so much as request the add something in, it's more of a request to leave it as it is. Obviously it will need to be tweaked for resolution differences, but other than that leave its beauty in peace.

Comments

• thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    I really want some more easy modding of the UI. I feel the main(while playing) UI could have been modernized without looking out of place. I am well aware they wanted to design it with tablets in mind, but I do not care. It looks pretty bad on PC's IMO.

I want something like circular icons for the left buttons that are much smaller, bottom buttons set up like a customizable bar(think of MMO's) and the portraits on the right are OK but I'm sure they could be set up better than they are now.

It is just so old school looking, and for nostalgia that is cool, but it would be great to have the option for something much less intrusive and ugly.
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    Hopefully the BG2:EE GUI will not be as blurry as the one we have right now. If possible, If you plan to make the BG2:ee GUI more High Res, please add that then too here for BG1:EE - Believe it or not, there are enough people which share that opinion!
  • ShnizmuffiNShnizmuffiN Member Posts: 16

Hopefully the BG2:EE GUI will not be as blurry as the one we have right now. If possible, If you plan to make the BG2:ee GUI more High Res, please add that then too here for BG1:EE - Believe it or not, there are enough people which share that opinion!

From @TrentOster (twitter): For PC users, we have a beta big screen mode: put this into your baldur.ini file: 'Graphics', 'Scale UI', '0',