Skip to content

i can't find this a the cha tome, was it moved or removed? - spoiler maybe?

So I have been searching for items, trying to remember things from when I played many years ago. I remember where to find the Constitution Tome. That was no problem (potion of invs, run like crazy out). I remember the fun I had with the Algernon's Cloak (pickpocketed it off the fat man himself). But I was looking for the Charisma Tome, I remember it being in the Gnoll Stronghold area, but I searched the cave it is supposed to be in and didn't see it. Killed the xvarts and the carrion crawler and searched, no luck! Did this get moved or removed?

Comments

• szbszb Member Posts: 220
    It was there for me.
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    It's there.
    this link shows you which cave exactly.
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar5100.htm
  • GishGish Member Posts: 74
    Oh I didn't even see that cave. Trick of the eyes I guess. Thanks you all!
  • BlackIvoryBlackIvory Member Posts: 75
    Im gonna hijack your thread if its ok with you, I have a question regarding that tome.

Is there any benefit from charisma from NPCs other than your player char? because my Cha is 12, and i know you only get the increase in mod with even numbers, so do i give it to neera who has cha 11? or use it on myself and get cha 13?
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    I believe the first cha bonus actually happens at 13 (+1)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited December 2012

Im gonna hijack your thread if its ok with you, I have a question regarding that tome.

Is there any benefit from charisma from NPCs other than your player char? because my Cha is 12, and i know you only get the increase in mod with even numbers, so do i give it to neera who has cha 11? or use it on myself and get cha 13?

This will tell you what differences in charisma does.

http://www.playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php?title=Baldur's_Gate:_Races_and_Stats#Charisma
  • GishGish Member Posts: 74

So I have a sorcerer with like 18 charisma. I also made a Swashbuckler with 12 charisma wearing a cloak that gives him two more (total of 14). An example of the difference is there is this map with a crashed pirate ship. You can obtain a ring and give it to this crazy dwarf nearby. The dwarf gave me the quest on my sorcerer. He didn't give the quest to my swashbuckler. NPCs will react differently to a charismatic character than a uncharismatic one.
    It can also give you discounts, and when your buying one of the archmage robes or some other high priced item, the difference can be thousands of gold. I personally prefer a charismatic protagonist as it seems opens avenues of story not always open to antisocial protagonists.