Skip to content

[bug] unable to start a new game(fixed in version 2009)

tommytommy Member Posts: 401
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
after installing the last patch im unable to start a new game (the system crashes when click on "start new Game")
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    What exactly happens? Anything screenshot worthy?
  • tommytommy Member Posts: 401
    an error message accour when in windowed mode, in fullscreen mode the programm freeze
    i have upload the crashreport file
    http://www.file-upload.net/download-6876923/dump0004.dmp.html
    edited December 2012
    You can upload these files here too, if you zip them before.
    Thanks for the crash dump anyway.

So, you say, you were able to use the game before the patch but the patch broke it?

If you use the stand alone downloader, there might be a small button in the right side.
    Select repair install from it, that might help you, if the crash is caused by an incomplete download.
    yes thats what i want to say :). loading an old savegame still works
    oh and in black pits the crash occours only when try to create a new character, so i think it must have todo with the character genration screen

If you use the stand alone downloader, there might be a small button in the right side.
    Select repair install from it, that might help you, if the crash is caused by an incomplete download.

i used the beamdog client, but i will reload the game and post if the problem still exists
    This doesn't happen in beta, so i suspect it is just some buggy download for you. Unless everyone starts reporting this and poor Beamhaul devs will get mobbed :D
    ok i have redownload the game, but the bug still exist.

cant create my favorite char :(
    is there a way, to get the version before the latest patch (Date 30.11)??
    Did you try to import some character or just generated a new character?
    edited December 2012
    i didnt even get the character generation screen its freeze when click on "New Game" or in Black pits when start a new game and try to create an own character
    From what i learned from the developers, this is because of some accented characters in a path name or character name.
    If you have exported a character with a 'strange' name, delete or move it away.
    I think it will work as a temporary fix until they figure out how to cope with special characters.
    thanks a lot, it works. Now i can test some new classes ;)