Skip to content

Avoiding Flaming Fist as a Chaotic Evil Character

Gorion79Gorion79 Member Posts: 2
I'm playing a chaotic evil character, or at least trying to. I think it just might be the most difficult, or one of the most difficult alignments to match to the world of Baldur's Gate. At Candlekeep, I murdered various watchers throughout Candlekeep (including Fuller), although only in buildings, where there would be no other witnesses. And if there were other possible witnesses (i.e sleeping dwarves), I'd just as much murder them as well. Is this what made the Flaming Fist accost me, and pretty much guarantee my death, upon entering the area of the Friendly Arm Inn, and speaking to one of their guards? Is there a way I can be a complete asshole, mass murdering serial killer, and still get away with it, and safely reach the end of the game?

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Nope, not so much. Too late now obviously, but I would suggest next time that you keep your Reputation above 4 until your party is pretty strong. Then you can go crazy, and then when Flaming Fist shows up you whoop their butts.

That said, what you can still do now is just run whenever you see them. I believe that the area resets in 24 hours (in the game, not in real life), so if they are blocking somewhere you absolutely *need* to go, then lay low by exploring the woods or something nearby.

Hope that helps.