Skip to content

Drizzt? *Spoiler*

mapscarletmapscarlet Member Posts: 4
I'm two maps south of the High Hedge and have found Drizzt. The old trick of going out into the pond on the rocks and luring him up to shoot tons of arrows and eventually kill him isn't working. His ranger pathfinding abilities must have increase over the last 14 years because he just heads right around the pond and chops the party to bits.

Any suggestions?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• LevandorLevandor Member Posts: 4
    Hey i encountered him today and had two rogues. I decided to try to kill him with traps - but i`ve tried method i think is cheating. You set a trap go to sleep and set another one and so on. Then you agro Drizzt and with any luck he will be dead. But there is no fun about it. I want to kill him head on, which is near impossible.
  • szdobosszdobos Member Posts: 36
    Can a dualled mage wear its armour, and still can cast spells? Its should be elven armour... ?
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,063
    High-level mages should be able to tank him with Stoneskins, Mirror Images, Ghost Armor, Blur and possibly also Improved Invisibility.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yeah, the "infinite" traps exploit is still available.
  • accron277accron277 Member Posts: 2
    you can do it the old way. just go into the baldur.ini and find "Path Search Node" its default is 32000. After a few tries, i found that if you drop it to 12000, drizzt can't find his way to the island, and his stuff was mine.
    Or just use CreateItem for his stuff.
  • EndeavourEndeavour Member Posts: 28
    Levandor said:

Hey i encountered him today and had two rogues. I decided to try to kill him with traps - but i`ve tried method i think is cheating. You set a trap go to sleep and set another one and so on. Then you agro Drizzt and with any luck he will be dead. But there is no fun about it. I want to kill him head on, which is near impossible.

Impossible for some characters. As I wrote in other topic I killed him with my main char (berserker) on 7 lvl. I drunk 2 potions: 24 str, 0 AC + 5 saves, berserk ability and draw upon holy might, dual wield long swords. He hit me once or twice. It is possible to pickpocket him for his swords, but for the armour you need to kill him. Still it was 1v1, so it should be very easy with all party members.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @szdobos said:

Can a dualled mage wear its armour, and still can cast spells? Its should be elven armour... ?

Nope you can't and no it isn't. It's mithril chain mail (and if I recall is actually dwarven made).
  • CenerCener Member Posts: 45
    edited December 2012
    1. get a mage with level 3 spells
    2. get "mass invisibility" spell
    3. get 6 characters
    4. cast "mass invisibility" on the group
    5. surround Drizzt with 5 of your invisible men
    6. use the sixth one to kill him with arrow or two handed sword or halebard or ...

This work with pretty much all monsters of the game.

You can use this to block a door for exemple, or create invisible wall with your party members.
  • dam23dam23 Member Posts: 30
    You could just use a hasted character (boots of speed, oil of speed) character to kite him around, and pelt him with your remaining 5...

I know I plan to try with Rasaad, seeing he has a higher movement rate ;)