Skip to content

I want to change the Sorcerer's spell selection table!

AkuroAkuro Member Posts: 93
edited December 2012 in General Modding
Hi folks,

as in my opinion the sorcerer is way to similar to the mage, I want to change the Sorcerer's spell selection table, as he levels up - does anybody know how to do this?

My plan is to give the Sorcerer class a whole new look & feel, i.e.:

The sorcerer shouldn't have to choose the normal mage spells when levelling up. Instead I want to create a bunch of new, evil abilities that are truly unique and powerful. This could be powerful servants which he can summon or curses with a "damage over time" effect.

*I'd be very thankful if anybody knows how to edit the spell selection screen from which a sorcerer can choose the spells he learns, when he gains a new level!*

Akuro
Post edited by Akuro on

Comments

• AkuroAkuro Member Posts: 93
    No response? :-(
    Please, @CameronTofer or Ascension64 - does one of you know if modding the sorcerer's spell selection selection screen is possible / will be possible in the future?

I'm sure it wouldn't be a big problem to *externalize the spells into a 2DA file* (*BEG, BEG!*), similar to what the TobEX did with the HP charts for all classes, right?
    TobEx basically externalized the hardcoded values for the sorcerer HP table into a 2da file (HPCLASSES.2DA - there you could define a specific 2.da file for the sorcerer's HP table).

Could you do the same with the spell selection for the sorcerer? With doing so people would be able to create a truly unique class with own spells instead of just being "another strange version of the mage".

• secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
    It should be possible in the future, at least to add new spells known. See the BG2 mod 'Druidic Sorcerer' for an example.