Skip to content

Can't pick Joseph's Ring

ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
I found a bug that doesn't alow you to select Joesph's body in the Nashkel Mines.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I don't think the ring is on a body.
    Write the area and coordinates which body you meant.
    (ctrl-x)
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    The ring is just north of the dead body and had absolutely no issues with picking it up.
  • CamioCamio Member Posts: 1
    I stumbled on the same issue, for me there is not even a body (despite picking up the quest). I also run around pressing "tab" so I couldn't have randomly missed it.
    Camio said:

I stumbled on the same issue, for me there is not even a body (despite picking up the quest). I also run around pressing "tab" so I couldn't have randomly missed it.

Same as before, press ctrl-x and give the area/position where you expect the ring.

The ring is not ON the corpse.
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    Actually I would like to say that ring is where it should be Mouse Position: 1590,255 Tile Position:24,3 Search Square:99,21 Area: AR5403
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Ring is just sitting on the ground at the beginning of the third level, as always.
    Ok, moving this to not-issue
  • neuromancerneuromancer Member Posts: 5
    Actually I'm seeing the same problem. I'm scouring all over the start of the third level and there is no ring, or body. I'm running the BGEE local install (as I didn't feel like installing yet another stupid game client just to play one game).

I'm hitting tab, I'm moving the mouse all over, nothing.

Also note that I had made it into the mines before heading back and getting the quest.

Ctrl-X doesn't do anything, so I can't find the specific spot I should look.
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    @neuromancer you can also use "x" it is similar function
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700

Actually I'm seeing the same problem. I'm scouring all over the start of the third level and there is no ring, or body. I'm running the BGEE local install (as I didn't feel like installing yet another stupid game client just to play one game).

I'm hitting tab, I'm moving the mouse all over, nothing.

Also note that I had made it into the mines before heading back and getting the quest.

Ctrl-X doesn't do anything, so I can't find the specific spot I should look.

Maybe you have rested in the mines too much.
    If you rest for long, items on the ground disappear. So this could happen.
  • qcoutlawzqcoutlawz Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    edit; I have found it,its on the railroad tracks right as you entered 3rd level
    x=1599 y=265 AR5403
  • neuromancerneuromancer Member Posts: 5
    Kirkor said:

Ah, now that may make sense. I'm not sure how many times I rested before I started to look for it, so I can't be certain of that, but that could explain it.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    It really should not vanish.
    I understand that, but this cannot be changed, if this item is marked critical, you cannot sell it. Then what is the goal of the evil path (keeping the ring).
    edited December 2012

I understand that, but this cannot be changed, if this item is marked critical, you cannot sell it. Then what is the goal of the evil path (keeping the ring).

I understand but is there journal entry for the selling? If not there is no real evil path because it is like not doing the quest at all. And after cleaning of the mines Joseph's wife still doesn't know about her husband which is strange enough.
    Why not make a body shaped container? Or something like with Magreb's wife in Adoy's place? I guess it won't vanish from there and you can still sell it if you want.
  • ArthursilverbladeArthursilverblade Member Posts: 112
    up :)
    I play on IPad and sorry but i don't find the ring, there's no body and no ring in 3rd level. solutions?
    thx
    Marco
  • ArthursilverbladeArthursilverblade Member Posts: 112
    Nobody can help me, pls?
    Thx
  • HellsChickenHellsChicken Member Posts: 12
    I couldn't find it either. There was most certainly nothing at the mentioned coordinates. Must have been because I rested too much. That's unfortunate :(
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88

Kirkor said:

Ah, now that may make sense. I'm not sure how many times I rested before I started to look for it, so I can't be certain of that, but that could explain it.
    Got the same issue, I am also sure neuromancer is right. I am not sure if it should be that way.
    Funny, according the patchlog it's fixed.
  • I play on the iPad. It was there, but I couldn't pick it up and then it vanished, but I don't have it.
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    edited July 2013

It should be marked critical, and it should then have an option for the evil path where you go up to joseph's wife and say (player's choice):
    1. "(lie) I found your husband's corpse" ... "No I did not see a ring"
    2. "How much will you pay me for it"
    2a. "Here you go" (gives her the ring at less than you can sell it for)
    2b. "Oh that is far less than its worth, I am going to keep it".
    Choosing either 2b or 1 will result in the plot critical ring being removed from the inventory and replaced by an a near identical ring that isn't plot critical. Simple.

PS. what is its item number? I want to spawn a replacement using the console
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2013
    @taltamir You've probably figured this out given that its been 2 weeks since your post, but if you want to know the item code for joseph's ring its "ringjos". So it would look like...

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("ringjos")
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    thank you