Skip to content

[Request] Wider selection of portraits

2»

Comments

• paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    @Nimz
    I think it depends on how fast the artist can work. Some artists can create an awesome portrait in a week and some cannot. If he can create something awesome each week, then I think it'd be cool to have a weekly download.
  • mgoetzemgoetze Member Posts: 2
    If there are going to be even more portraits then I think it would also be nice to have a new method of selecting them... given the planned higher resolution a thumbnail gallery should be feasible...
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    Not sure how I never mentioned my support here yet... I am all for a wider selection of portraits. I, as others here have mentioned, always felt odd about stealing the portrait of an NPC, and would love to see a much larger selection of portraits to choose from, either as at-release or post-release. Also, and I'm sure it's not a popular opinion, but I very much liked the IWD1 portraits as @mch202 mentioned, and have gone so far as to resize them all in order to be able to use them in my BG playthroughs.
  • greenmonstergreenmonster Member Posts: 10
    Art wise I liked the BG1 portraits better. They were less "cartooney" (if that is a word) than BG2's. More would be better. My first time through I used the Kevan pic and when I met him he had the little kid with feathers portrait ... didn't really fit his strength or voice.
  • ArkinArkin Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2012
    One way to bring more portraits into the game would be to adapt the ones from IWD 1 and 2. They had a much darker, more gothic feel, and I always enjoyed them better than the ones that shipped with BG 1 and 2.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    hey, i like portraits!
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    More portraits, especially covering a wider variety of class/race/sex combinations would be awesome.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    A portrait pack's been announced, so I think we're gonna get precisely that :)
  • charles888charles888 Member Posts: 5
    Wider selection of portraits is never a bad thing...I always felt all BG releases were lacking in that dept.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Back from the dead with a vengeance. We have new portraits and there are a million and one other threads with peoples custom portraits in them. I feel this thread is no longer needed? As it was fulfilled? (And my god the new female portraits are beautiful)
    @Tanthalas close thread maybe?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @IchigoRXC

I think I'll leave it here for now.

I'll think about doing some spring cleaning later.