Skip to content

Scepticism about new characters and their voices.

Anyone else cringes a little over the new characters and their voices? They somehow feel alien to me in the world of Faerun. I don't know, maybe it's just the good audio quality compared to the older original quality that I am used to. But again, I haven't played that much of BG:EE or spoken with the new characters.
I wish Overhaul have had spent more energy on improving the graphics rather than adding new stuff into the world which seem superfluous in my opinion.

What are people's experiences and impressions so far? Let's keep this spoiler-free :)

Comments

• VelkirVelkir Member Posts: 70
    Neera's voice dosent fit at all..its either the writing, the voice combined with the face...the lines or all of em but it dosent feel natural at all...Dorn and Rashaad arent to bad
  • marfigmarfig Member Posts: 208
    Only Neera's. I find it I could hear Neera (probably aged in her 20s) on any modern city today.
  • GSMGSM Member Posts: 34
    Not really... maybe Neera somewhat, but Dorn and Rasaad fit pretty well.

pretty sure they couldn't do anything with the graphics
  • begolf00begolf00 Member Posts: 152
    edited December 2012
    @Aleque

I give Rasaad 8.5-8.9/10

Dorn I give a 9/10. I really like Dorn

Neera on the other hand I give a 5.5-8/10

I found both Rasaad and Dorn pretty good but Neera seems like she's reading from a script. It's like the voice actor failed to immerse her self in the world. She's also not very consistent. Sometimes she does really good other times it sounds forced coming out.

To be fair some of the stock voices are also pretty bad. I was a bit stumped on the Stock voice to pick for charname. Always used BG2 voices for BG when TUTU and BGT came out.

Also it's damn hard to compare to Jim Cummings

• VelkirVelkir Member Posts: 70
    Yeah Neera really aint stealing the spot for my Jaheira in BG2 thats for sure
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I don't agree with any of this. I think that Neera's voice is just fine, and fits her charater perfectly. Kudos to her voice actress.

I love Rasaad's accent. He makes me think of Raj Koothrapali from "The Big Bang Theory", another character that I like.
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    The new player voice options sound like there's too much reverb added to them compared to the original voice selections.
  • begolf00begolf00 Member Posts: 152
    edited December 2012
    @belgarathmth

Actually the only thing I don't think you agree with is the low score I gave Neera. I gave good score's to dorn and Rasaad. So you do agree with me on something:) I don't hate her, I just feel like her lines feel to forced. I rated her from 5.5-8/10. An 8/10 is pretty good in my opinion but she's to over the place for me to give her a consistent score. I actually think Neera is the hardest out of the three to voice act properly.
  • marfigmarfig Member Posts: 208
    begolf00 said:

I actually think Neera would be the hardest out of the three to voice act properly.

It would work out if she was older and married. My wife pretty much wild surges me all the time.

• Google_CalasadeGoogle_Calasade Member Posts: 80
    Though Neera's voice is too modern-sounding, I do like her tone. I thought they did an excellent job with Rasaad. Dorn's voice is good but his default dialogue is kind of cheesy. That said, I really enjoy the new NPCs as a whole and Neera is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite NPCs.
  • Google_CalasadeGoogle_Calasade Member Posts: 80
    edited December 2012
  • LuciusDeiLuciusDei Member Posts: 31
    Neera's voice is so American, it just feel out of place amongst the other voices. It just doesn't fit in a fantasy setting.
  • Corvus_MetusCorvus_Metus Member Posts: 19
    I like Neera, because she reminds me of Veronica from Fallout: New Vegas.