Skip to content

Question about BG1:EE World Map

mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
Is BG1 Enhanced Edition will include the old world map as we all know it, the world map introduced by Tutu, or entirly new and expanded world map????

Tutu world map:

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    bump....?
  • BoogeymanBoogeyman Member Posts: 5
    They should revise the map a bit to get Ulgoth's Beard and other stuff on their correct places.

Expansionwise north (maybe up to Troll Hills?) and east are the way to go. South is Amn, which is covered by BG2 and west is the sea.

For inspiration:
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/wd_maps/FRposterLarge_150.jpg
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    That's a bit of the worldmap from BP-BGT worldmap mod. If you install that mod with a BGT install Ulgoth's Beard is correctly placed (North of Baldur's Gate on the coast), and Durlag's Tower is more to the East (SE of Sharp Teeth) as I believe it should be.
    Anyway, I think all worldmaps (BG1/2/ToB) should be remade if possible.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited July 2012
    BG2's map needs a definite remake. For one thing, I can't even find a Trademeet on any map that is East of Athkatla, and I can't find Ust Natha on any map of the underdark.
    http://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/underdark/pix/undermap.jpg
    http://images.wikia.com/nwn/images/4/4b/Faerun_map02.gif

Ched Nasad exists.
    Correction: Trademeet is actually South of Athkatla in D&D, not East. It is also beneath the Small Teeth. Anyways, for BG2 EE, when we get there, I propose that they add the other towns and cities marked on the map of Amn. I'd like to go adventuring through them as well.

Anyways, BG1 EE map: I believe they should use the Tutu map after adding roads in.
    Post edited by GemHound on
    edited July 2012
    @GemHound well it somewhat relate to the middle part of this thread

the map of BG2 is not similar to the maps of the forgotten realms....
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    edited July 2012
    I wouldn't mind having an entirely new map drawn up, just so long as it had the same places (which I don't see why it wouldn't) and the same general look and feel to it, just with more detail.
    I recall @TrentOster saying there will be new places in bgee, so who knows, maybe they did modify the map a little?
    edited July 2012
    -
    Post edited by mch202 on
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    ACHOO!!!

I wasn't pushing this topic up, I was sneezing is all. ;)
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Just having the map window at any resolution higher than 640x480 would be a dream. the widescreen mod / BGT / TuTu doesn't even address that, they just add scaled graphics around the tiny world map window.
    @PhillipDaigle

Now that you revealed new information, how does the world map of BG1:EE going to work with the edition of new areas such as cloud peak?? new world map??

Thanks.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited July 2012
    They need to make the NEW map PRETTY and Enhanced, not that ugly thing up top.
  • SuccubusSuccubus Member Posts: 90
    So the EE adds 2 new areas on the world map, as per what's written on the main page (excluding The Black Pits)?
    you dont know how many areas... Cloud peak by itself can be easily 2-3 areas, or I got it wrong???
  • SuccubusSuccubus Member Posts: 90
    All the highlighted areas on the world map consist of 1 (large) outdoor area, with indoor areas of varying size.
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    Ice Island? Is this the ToSC area?

Balduran Isle? Is this where you escape Candlekeep from?
    Konabuga said:

Ice Island? Is this the ToSC area?

Balduran Isle? Is this where you escape Candlekeep from?

This areas come with the Totsc, you get the quests in Ulgoth's Beard
    Someday this thread will get answered... just hope its before 18th of September :-p
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    It would be nice if they used the map from the Worldmap mod. That map is great.
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    I would LOVE a mix between the two: sketchy like BG1 and colorful like BG2. Something like this:

with the original location icons, like TuTu map shown above by the OP.

I wonder how the ice island and Balduran's Isle will look like in the new map. Wouldn't these locations be FAR away from the Sword Coast?

Also, if they would let modders merge the two games like BGT, I would expect a very big map from the city of Baldur's Gate to Calimshan. Or even all of Faerun! I tried that version once and if I recall correctly both TotSC places were correctly marked on the map (Icewind Dale and off-coast islands). How about it?

• luluscadoluluscado Member Posts: 69
    I really hope they update the map i don't see why they would not be able to it would be great if things were put in the right place
  • robinkomrobinkom Member Posts: 8
    I would hope with higher resolutions and widescreen support that some new colorful and lively map assets would be created. Perhaps separate maps for the faraway locales or one large scrolling map that doesn't just move vertically like the original? This among other things in the game, however, have me concerned how much of the original feel will remain. Or, for that matter, how much of the 2nd Edition AD&D mechanics will remain... because I do so hope they don't change it too much just to make it seem more "streamlined."
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @robinkom

They won't be changing the gameplay like that.